There are newer employer reviews for Asynchrony

I love this place.

Current Employee - User Experience/UI Designer in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - User Experience/UI Designer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Asynchrony full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Accessible upper management, flat hierarchy by design, teams are self organized and self managed, no need for PM's as everyone is responsible for the quality of the execution, EVERYONE matters. Your career growth is completely in your own hands at Asynchrony. Though there is not traditional ladder climbing, you can excel and take on leadership roles on teams if you can prove yourself.

Cons

There are very few cons to working at Asynchrony. The pay and health benefits are really really great, but PTO, 401k, etc are all pretty bad. Downward pressure on management from parent company is at times very obvious and has lead to some poor decisions.

Remember the things that have made Asynchrony a great place to work and don't let outside or internal influences pressure you into changing. If it's not broke, don't fix it.

Asynchrony Response

Jul 14, 2014Chief Technology Officer

Thanks for the review, and I totally agree about the career growth. We are working to improve employee development, but there are definitely great opportunities here to grow if you seek them out ... More

reviews filtered by
  1. pays well, work can be rewarding

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Asynchrony full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pair programming, TDD, user stories, automated UATs, free soda, strong coworkers, work life balance, top notch health benefits

Cons

people with strong opinions, no career path, 401k is crap, nasty grams about reporting hours ;)

Give employees opportunities to grow.

2. Pretty good place

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Asynchrony full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great culture. Most teams are really fun, laid back, and friendly. Great work/life balance. Better than average benefits. Overall I would definitely recommend.

Cons

The structure is so flat, that there is no career growth as a developer, in terms of position or title.

I think some teams would work better if management put a little more though into choosing members with similar and/or complimentary personalities. Some developers, even when great individually, simply don't work well together.

Asynchrony Response

Jul 14, 2014Chief Technology Officer

Thanks for the review, and glad to hear that you would definitely recommend us. We're happy for the kind of transparency that Glassdoor provides, and we think the kind of people we want to hire ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Asynchrony