AtTask

www.attask.com
  www.attask.com
There are newer employer reviews for AtTask

An innovative company that's going places

Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in Lehi, UT
Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in Lehi, UT

I worked at AtTask full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

1. A compelling market and product. Everyone uses tools to manage their work, but the tools are siloed and none of them work as well as they could. Management has very limited visibility into what's really going on at the front lines, let alone the cost and impact of initiatives. AtTask solves so much in this area and is poised to do much more. It's an exciting space and it's rewarding to be a part of a meaningful movement.

2. AtTask has a solid track record and is just getting better. Financially, culturally, and from the outside (see Gartner's 2012 MQ report on cloud-based PPM solutions naming AtTask as the leader), AtTask continues to demonstrate that it's headed in a very positive direction. I am literally buying stock in AtTask because it is on a very good trajectory.

3. The people are of the highest caliber. They are very intelligent, skilled, and professional. They come from small companies, large companies, and with diverse and impressive backgrounds. But more importantly, they are genuine and fun. Some of the truest friends and best memories I've had in my career were gained at AtTask. I learned so much from the people there because they were willing to give me a chance, help me to improve, and give me a positive environment that is both challenging and safe.

AtTask is a first rate company in an interesting market with a resonating product run by top notch people.

Cons

Every once in a while, I'd be in the zone working on a project, when all of the sudden a Nerf dart would whiz by my head. Shortly thereafter another one would fly by in the other direction. I would try to refocus my efforts on my work, but eventually, the trickle of darts would erupt into an all out war, and I found myself in no mans land -- until I pulled out my pump-action revolver Nerf gun and blew everyone away. Nerf dart wars are signature AtTask culture. The sporadic fire-fights are not for the faint of heart, and can be a distraction for those who prefer to keep their nose to the grind stone without interruption.

Empowerment and trust in the people on the front lines has always been core to the culture, philosophy, and vision of AtTask. You've done a great job of that and it has served you well. Continue to give leadership opportunities to those people -- not just in title, but in key initiatives. Don't be afraid to let go of the reigns, and you'll be rewarded not only in business results, but in employee loyalty. This is something you're already doing, so I guess I'm saying "keep up the good work".

46 Other Employee Reviews for AtTask (View Most Recent)

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Product Manager in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Lehi, UT

I have been working at AtTask full-time

Pros

- The Product Team is truly innovative and I believe they will change the world for knowledge workers.
    - I love how the Product Management team drives strategic product decisions.
    - I love how AtTask heavily focuses on a world class user experience
    - The people, culture and benefits.

Cons

There are a few growing pains that come with a fast growing company but all things considered AtTask is a great place to work and don't have anything negative to say.

- Keep focusing on UX. This is critical.

My experience with AtTask has been very positive, beneficial to my professional career.

Current Employee - Team Lead, Sales Development in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Team Lead, Sales Development in Lehi, UT

I have been working at AtTask full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great environment. Great people. Great product. Good pay and benefits. Semi-relaxed work environment.

Cons

Constant change in management. Lack of job security because of those changes. Difficult to advance in sales.

Find management that sticks. That does research before making all the changes they want to. Make room for internal growth and interview internally before hiring from external sources. Communicate issues to teams.

There are newer employer reviews for AtTask