Athena Health Care Systems

www.athenahealthcare.com
  www.athenahealthcare.com
There are newer employer reviews for Athena Health Care Systems

Inconsistent and reactionary management leads to poor job security.

Current Employee - Therapist  in  Bristol, CT
Current Employee - Therapist in Bristol, CT

I have been working at Athena Health Care Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great co-workers with a well-equipped working environment.

Cons

Poor managerial decisions lead to constant shifts in leadership, over-staffing with employees encouraged to clock out early and/or use PTO for contracted hourly pay. Provide adequate training in computer use and allow sufficient time for a learning curve before pushing productivity rates over quality work.

Promote managers who understand the business and how to read the changing healthcare landscape. Focus on growing the business first and hiring staff to support the growth. Use pro-active management principles and don't be afraid to cut ties to people who are poor fits for the positions they were promoted to. Support your lower level staff by listening to their concerns before the situation reaches a crisis.

2 Other Employee Reviews for Athena Health Care Systems (View Most Recent)

Constantly changing, poor communication, low morale

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Athena Health Care Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I like my co- workers and the residents. The building is attractive and well maintained. The health insurance and PTO is adequate.

Cons

This company has a high turnover rate with staff. It seems like someone is always being fired or pressured to leave. Most of us feel like we have no job security. There is never enough staff in any department to run the facility properly. It is difficult to take a break. Us nurses have watched our job descriptions grow with no extra pay or the ability to stay until our work is finished- we can't create overtime. There is very little communication from Athena itself. We have been in a wage freeze for two years now. But yet Athena keeps buying more facilities. Working in these conditions have created staff to have poor morale. If there is a light at the end of this tunnel, Athena should tell us.

Tell us what Athena's plans are and discuss upcoming changes with us. Please give us more CNA's.

There are newer employer reviews for Athena Health Care Systems

Worked for Athena Health Care Systems? Contribute to the Community!