Athena Health Care Systems

www.athenahealthcare.com
  www.athenahealthcare.com
There are newer employer reviews for Athena Health Care Systems

Inconsistent and reactionary management leads to poor job security.

Current Employee - Therapist in Bristol, CT
Current Employee - Therapist in Bristol, CT

I have been working at Athena Health Care Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great co-workers with a well-equipped working environment.

Cons

Poor managerial decisions lead to constant shifts in leadership, over-staffing with employees encouraged to clock out early and/or use PTO for contracted hourly pay. Provide adequate training in computer use and allow sufficient time for a learning curve before pushing productivity rates over quality work.

Promote managers who understand the business and how to read the changing healthcare landscape. Focus on growing the business first and hiring staff to support the growth. Use pro-active management principles and don't be afraid to cut ties to people who are poor fits for the positions they were promoted to. Support your lower level staff by listening to their concerns before the situation reaches a crisis.

5 Other Employee Reviews for Athena Health Care Systems (View Most Recent)

Exactly what is wrong with the geriatric healthcare system

I have been working at Athena Health Care Systems

Pros

Few and far between. I guess the most positive part of Athena is nothing to do with Athena. Its the people I work with every day, between the aids and nurses and some management. Thats the heart of the company.

Cons

No raises, no differential. They do not seem to care about the patient let alone the employee. Its all about saving money and making the company look good. None of the interventions or policies make for real world. Everyone at my site is jumping ship.

Care about your employees and you'll keep your employees. How can I care for my patients with poor quality.

informative

Current Employee - Evening Supervisor 3-11 in Bristol, CT
    Current Employee - Evening Supervisor 3-11 in Bristol, CT

I have been working at Athena Health Care Systems

Pros

Very close knit family of employees; caring environment; close to my home; familiarity with policies and building; good benefits; fair scheduling

Cons

low salary for experience; no feedback or evaluations.....only problem shooting;

have more nurses meetings; enhance on the newsletter; be more visible; post jobs as they come up and not just fill them with whomever

There are newer employer reviews for Athena Health Care Systems