Atkins
www.atkinsglobal.com Epsom, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

consider working here ONLY IF YOU'RE A SHEEP

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL

ProsProfessionals who care & sacrifice.The production architects & in-house management always went beyond the call of duty, but were cut off at the knees by ineptitude & arrogance further up.

ConsDisrespectful management, calling consultants vulgar terms after ending a phone call, screaming at a young, female architect because she got a detail wrong,(she quit) throwing a set of drawings at you saying "Pick up these red-lines." which I found out meant do Project Coordination of 12 consultants on 2 buildings - one existing - & he thought THAT should be done in a week!
Don't even think of recording your real time on timesheets - my immediate manager worked every weekend & many evenings the whole time I was there - the entire team had to work Easter Sunday - for FREE!
If a co-worker was at my desk, at 8:08, he received a comment - not from his manager, but mine, to the effect he should have been working for half an hour already - not visiting! And he worked 10 hours a day everyday! Upper management was either a blow-hard or blowing smoke -THAT's why the projects are failing.

Advice to Senior ManagementIntimidation is a REALLY out-moded form of management. So is a "Good-ole-boys" club mentality. You CAN'T manage a BIM project if you don't DO BIM. Don't try to bullsh*t your clients.

No longer the progressive, friendly work culture that characterized PBSJ before Atkins.

Tampa, FL

I have been working at Atkins

Pros: this company has great projects, global perspective, extablished client base, plus… Cons: New North American leadership is hierachial and non-communicative. North America business unit ppears to be getting out of… Advice to Senior Management: It's too late to recover what you've lost. Become less arrogant and ask questions… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Don't expect to advance or treated with prefessional respect

GIS Analyst (Former Employee)
    Beltsville, MD

I worked at Atkins

Pros: Friendly staff and middle management (for the most part). Never got a… Cons: Disrespectful management, crazy deadlines, not having final data, no raises. If staff (non-management) want to be respected and paid more they are expected to… Advice to Senior Management: Start over, treat your staff professionally, they are not drones they are people who have lives outside of work. Give… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Atkins.

Worked for Atkins? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Atkins reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Atkins CEO Uwe Krueger. All reviews posted anonymously by Atkins employees.