Atkins

www.atkinsglobal.com
  www.atkinsglobal.com
There are newer employer reviews for Atkins

A poorly managed firm that hasn't come to grips with the fact it was acquired

I have been working at Atkins

Pros

Good office network. Many talenet and dedicated people, especially at the entry and mid-levels. Flexible work environment.

Cons

Low pay except for senior management. Atkins North America is the product of the acquisition of PBSJ by UK-based Atkins in 2010. Yet most former PBSJ senior management don't act like anything has changed. Also, lots of political maneuvering by senior managers to protect their turf. A highly "silo-ed" environment with very little collaboration.

Time to reorganize. Break down barriers between divisions and regions. Ongoing layoffs hurt morale. Over-emphasis on meeting weekly producitivty numbers diminishes marketing. "Atkins" is a new brand in the US so it needs to think like a start-up.

187 Other Employee Reviews for Atkins (View Most Recent)

One of the best companies I worked at.

Former Employee - Project Financial Analyst in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Project Financial Analyst in Orange, CA

I worked at Atkins full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

You have the opportunity to excell and and accomplish all your goals. Independents is very important. Company has fantastic benefits and you feel valuable.

Cons

The management has made some dum desicions and as a result of it I got laid off. Since the recesion they have been going through some tough times.

The upper management needs to have some great leaders that will guide the company in correct direction. Seems like everyone is for themself.

It's a job.

Current Employee - Engineer II in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer II in Houston, TX

I have been working at Atkins full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a job. Thing's are pretty good and i've had an opportunity to get a fairly broad range of experience.

Cons

When things are slow, getting laid off is always on the mind. Although, thats the nature of civil engineer.

I can always use a raise!

There are newer employer reviews for Atkins