There are newer employer reviews for Atkinson-Baker

Underpaid, overworked and unappreciated

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Glendale, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Atkinson-Baker

Pros

free parking, great training, job security

Cons

low salary, incompetent lazy managers, high turnover

learn to appreciate your employees more. maybe the turnover wont be as high

32 Other Employee Reviews for Atkinson-Baker (View Most Recent)

shameless iniquity to subcontractors

Former Employee - Court Reporter
    Former Employee - Court Reporter

I worked at Atkinson-Baker as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

No pros to be found here.

Cons

Court reporters - beware. My first-hand experience with this company has been a negative one. They actually pay reporters by the "minute" over the hour and the formula they have is NOT in favor of the reporter. For instance, the first quarter of an hour (.25 hours) is from 8 minutes to 22 minutes. So the reporter would be compensated for a quarter of an hour only. I wonder if the client is charged that way too?

I have a bill that has been outstanding for a year. I have repeatedly asked what's been done. Been told by the company that they are "looking into it." I understand there are deadbeat lawyers out there. So I've asked Atkinson Baker for particulars of what's been done and a copy of the billing to the client so I can take steps myself to go after this myself. Guess what? They refuse to provide me with any particulars, they are "looking into it." No other reason given. Well, I guess I'm supposed to just take their word for it and be pleased to be working for nothing.

My advice: stay away. There are many other companies out there who treat reporters with a lot more equality and respect.

Employee review

I have been working at Atkinson-Baker full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The training is very good. I like the professional work environment and find that for the most part that my co-workers are very hard working. The company has a good reputation in its field and therefore gets a lot of work. My managers are all fair and professional. I like the area where the business is located- lots of restaurants and easy to get things done over lunch.

Cons

I have none at this time. Can't think of a working person that wouldn't love more vacation time!

Keep your training - it is very good.

There are newer employer reviews for Atkinson-Baker

Worked for Atkinson-Baker? Contribute to the Community!