Atkore International

www.atkore.com
  www.atkore.com
There are newer employer reviews for Atkore International

I was a great place to work with a lot of good people.

Former Employee - Senior Supervisor in Harvey, IL
Former Employee - Senior Supervisor in Harvey, IL

I worked at Atkore International full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good team environment where everyone is on the same page and striving for the best for the investors. They just remodeled the cafeteria and is offering better food choices.

Cons

You have to work in downtown Harvey, IL and it is owned by private equity, There is poor labor relation within a union environment.

Stay the course.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Atkore International (View Most Recent)

If you are looking for training and/or growth potential....Do not come here!

Former Employee - Auditor in Harvey, IL
    Former Employee - Auditor in Harvey, IL

I worked at Atkore International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

laid-back and has a nice work/life balance

Cons

In the 3 years I worked there...we had 3 CFOs, two Presidents and was sold from Tyco to an investment company out New York...Did I also mention they laid-off 20% of the workforce in the process! I received one raise during my entire time and not one day of formal training even though I requested training several times during my reviews.

You may to train and develop your employees...as well as keep them before going through the process of hiring and then laying them also. Also the tone from upper Management was awful seeing they had a higher turn-over rate then the rest of us!

Atkore International is a company committed to continuous improvement.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harvey, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harvey, IL

I worked at Atkore International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

People at Atkore are great. It is one of the top producers of steel tubes in North America and has a very good reputation for innovative steel tube products.

Cons

This is a company that is undergoing significant change in preparation for an IPO planned for 2014 - 2015 time frame. 51 percent is owned by C.D.&R., 47% owned by Tyco International and the remainder is owned by select people within Atkore. Company objective is to add $100 million to the bottom line by the time of the IPO. It just recently implemented a 5 percent "RIF" program and more reductions are anticipated contingent on sales volume/profitability growth. One question being asked amongst the rank and file is will an IPO actually occur or will the Company be sold in bits and pieces. It is all dependent on growing the bottom line which is very much dependent on economic growth in the USA. Based on this....employee beware.

New management is attempting to modernize the Company attempting to formalize business systems, manufacturing processes etc. It is dealing with an "old school" contingency that is somewhat resistant to change, very secretive and not comfortable with certain performance appraisal programs that are being implemented. The Company is being transformed and you have to be willing to embrace the changes.

The new members on the senior leadership team have a good vision on what needs to be done to ready the Company for whatever happens in 2014. Good luck!

There are newer employer reviews for Atkore International