Atlanta Public Schools
www.atlanta.k12.ga.us Atlanta, GA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Scandalous at best

Teacher (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

ProsSalary, fellow teachers, and students.

ConsToo many chiefs - who seem to have been offered a job just after wondering onto the reservation.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat management? There's an abundance of micro-management but little to no true leaders. My only advice would be for them to think about why they initially chose a career in education, and if the answer isn't in some way student-centered, I would then advise them to resign.

salary

I have been working at Atlanta Public Schools

Pros: It is not a demanding schedule Cons: Challenging population in the South More

Former Teacher

Teacher (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

I worked at Atlanta Public Schools full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Many employees are exceptional people- both professionally and personally, especially at the grass roots level. Devotion to student success is beyond… Cons: There seems to be a distinct and severe disconnect between administrative policy and best professional practice. The organization is run from the top down, in… Advice to Senior Management: Business 101 - Listen to the folks at the grass roots level, who really know what's happening, and allow them to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Atlanta Public Schools.

Worked for Atlanta Public Schools? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Atlanta Public Schools reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Atlanta Public Schools CEO Erroll B. Davis, Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Atlanta Public Schools employees.