Atlanta Public Schools

www.atlanta.k12.ga.us

Eye opening

Educator (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsAPS is a beast in itself. However the students need dedicated teachers who are willing to meet them where they are and provide relevant, applicable experiences academically and about life in general.

ConsIf you are not "of" APS survival can be tough. Sometimes the administrators forget they were once teachers, and some do not know how to divide professional and personal dealings.

Advice to Senior ManagementOnce the new super gets started things will head in the right direction. APS will then be about the students and not about rank, status, and the adults.

Dysfunctional Mediocrity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Atlanta Public Schools for more than 3 years

Pros: making a difference, beginning salary for a new teacher, if principal… Cons: bureaucracy, heavy with politics, particularly black sorority/fraternity inside connections, whole… Advice to Senior Management: hire for quality, always! More

Things Could Be So Much Better

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Atlanta Public Schools full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The seasonal breaks are great and most of the employees… Cons: The politics and the current leadership's mentality hinder the progress of the district. This affects employee morale and… Advice to Senior Management: Ask your staff what would make things better and more… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Atlanta Public Schools.

Worked for Atlanta Public Schools? Contribute to the Community!