Good Company

Former Employee - Line Service Technician
Former Employee - Line Service Technician

I worked at Atlantic Aviation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Little experince needed to get foot in the door -Will train you and give you more responsiblity if you are willing to work hard -Good potential to move up in the company -Great Health Benifits -Good Retirement Plan -Tips from your customers -Build relationships with regular customers -Variety of differrent operations keep the job interesting -The management at my location was great and treated you well

Cons

-Corporate management sometimes talked to us Line Techs as if we were children. All but one of my crewmemebrs had Bachelor's Degree's in Aviation and 4 of us were also pilots... So it was a bit insulting when the corporate trainers came in, who knew less about aviation than we did, and would explain how a plane functions. -Starting pay is low and the work can be demanding -You work in all the elements which I enjoyed but the extreme heat or extreme cold can get intense and make operations difficult. -Work can flucuate almost instantly from nothing to running to keep up.

Advice to Management

- It would be benificial to have some understanding between the corporate management and the onsite management. Our onsite managers had a lot of pressure put on them when one of our largest customers stopped flying almost completly. Our sales suffered some and our management felt the heat. The problem came from internal problems of our customer's buisness and not us. I feel that some understanding that our management can not magically increase traffic overnight should be recognized. - Also, I know this is an FBO standard to hire pretty girls for corporate positions and as CSRs but it was painfully obvious why management hired who they hired. We passed up talented people of both sexes for promotions and hirings and gave jobs to quite a few air heads because they have a pretty face. It would be nice to feel that you could get a job based on merit and not based on your looks.

Other Employee Reviews for Atlantic Aviation

1. Made a network of close business associates

Former Employee - Line Service Technician in Goleta, CA
    Former Employee - Line Service Technician in Goleta, CA

I worked at Atlantic Aviation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for, able to work outside. I was able to put my customer service techniques to the test serving the 1% Elite of the country. I was able to strive for excellence, when working with customers. Met some Very prominent people of society.

Cons

Only real cons i can think of would be compensation raises were very low.

2. Great Company

Former Employee - Airline Fueler in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Airline Fueler in Chicago, IL

I worked at Atlantic Aviation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Supervisor and management very personable and willing to help employees

Cons

This location had no growth