There are newer employer reviews for Atlantic Health System

Love the Doctors and coworkers..... terrible nurse management

Former Employee - Nurse in Morristown, NJ
Former Employee - Nurse in Morristown, NJ

I worked at Atlantic Health System full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The physicians are mostly lovely. Its a teaching hospital and there are learning opportunities. The people you work with are helpful and make the environment pleasant for the most part.

Cons

nurse management is not supportive of nurses they are slow to praise and quick to criticize. You will almost never get recognition for the work you do. If you do have problems HR is useless. There is no recourse. Also, the pay is not the greatest for the area. most of the nurses I know all had a second job.

Executive management should truly evaluate the turnover under certain managers and take seriously the complaints.

reviews filtered by
  1. My coworkers were my second family.

Former Employee - Information Systems in Morristown, NJ
    Former Employee - Information Systems in Morristown, NJ

I worked at Atlantic Health System full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's a nonprofit, and their mission is to help people (healthcare). Benefits are really good.

Cons

The politics were bad sometimes and it's hard to watch people being treated unfairly so they'd quit...and not be able to do anything about it.

Overall, I loved working there. The place is really great. My only advice I guess would be that certain people that were promoted to really powerful positions are morale killers and sometimes caused your really good employees to look elsewhere for employment.

2. Easy to work for.

Current Employee - Paramedic in Morristown, NJ
    Current Employee - Paramedic in Morristown, NJ

I have been working at Atlantic Health System part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very easy to work for, great benefits and competitive salary. Executive management communicates a clear vision of growth and stability and department leadership consistent and fair.

Cons

Large company with many facets, easy to get "lost in the shuffle", although this does not appear to be a major con.

Keep up the good work.