Atlantic Health System

www.atlantichealth.org
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Atlantic Health System

Love the Doctors and coworkers..... terrible nurse management

Former Employee - Nurse in Morristown, NJ
Former Employee - Nurse in Morristown, NJ

I worked at Atlantic Health System full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The physicians are mostly lovely. Its a teaching hospital and there are learning opportunities. The people you work with are helpful and make the environment pleasant for the most part.

Cons

nurse management is not supportive of nurses they are slow to praise and quick to criticize. You will almost never get recognition for the work you do. If you do have problems HR is useless. There is no recourse. Also, the pay is not the greatest for the area. most of the nurses I know all had a second job.

Executive management should truly evaluate the turnover under certain managers and take seriously the complaints.

37 Other Employee Reviews for Atlantic Health System (View Most Recent)

My coworkers were my second family.

Former Employee - Information Systems in Morristown, NJ
    Former Employee - Information Systems in Morristown, NJ

I worked at Atlantic Health System full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's a nonprofit, and their mission is to help people (healthcare). Benefits are really good.

Cons

The politics were bad sometimes and it's hard to watch people being treated unfairly so they'd quit...and not be able to do anything about it.

Overall, I loved working there. The place is really great. My only advice I guess would be that certain people that were promoted to really powerful positions are morale killers and sometimes caused your really good employees to look elsewhere for employment.

IT Dept

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

I have been working at Atlantic Health System full-time

Pros

Nice people, free coffee, free parking

Cons

Dysfunctional, very politcal organization with poor management. They only pay for a 37.5 hour work week when job requires at least 45 hrs, management is inept, poor communicators and proud of the fact the organization is so dysfunctional.
    Although they call themselves a caring environment, they don't give a crap about their employees. Staff got docked or were required to use PTO when the office was closed due to Sandy.
    I regret accepting a positon there.

Get rid of those managers who have been there forever and are inept and afraid of change. An organization cannot grow and change if leadership is unwilling.

There are newer employer reviews for Atlantic Health System