There are newer employer reviews for Atlantic Southeast Airlines

My Opinion Should Count

Current Employee - Flight Attendant  in  Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Atlantic Southeast Airlines

Pros

It's a job! Flexible schedule where the work is not too grueling. Opportunity to meet different people every hour of the day. PPO health, dental, and vision insurance is an option available to employees..

Cons

Unpredictable duty-out times. Penalized for calling out sick when you've accrued the time required. Three or more instances of being out sick during a year leads to grounds for termination. Sick-time accrural cap, where you either use it or lose it. No pay for the yearly sick-time accrued, but not used. As wilth all airlines, you are not getting paid your hourly rate unless you are in the air flying. Receive less than the minimum wage for the non-flying hours while on duty - $1.65 per hour.

Stop the practice of penalizing workers for calling out sick if they have earned the sick time to cover their absence. Rely on the advice of senior line-holding flight attendants when making a decision for their working environment.

18 Other Employee Reviews for Atlantic Southeast Airlines (View Most Recent)

Pretty good company

Former Employee - Flight Attendant  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Atlantic Southeast Airlines

Pros

ASA has renegotiated their flight attendant contract since I was with them and I must say that I wish I'd been employed with the company under the new system.

Pay is better, medical insurance and flight benefits are very good. I would venture to say that ASA is probably now one of the top five regionals in the country.

Cons

SInce I'm no longer employed with the company, I can't speak for anything other than my experience from 2006-2008. Back then the scheduling was terrible and reserve lasted for over a year. Also, FAs were slapped with occurrences when tardy (the same penalty for a missed flight) which sucked majorly.

Understand that FAs are the Ambasssedors(sp?) of the company and tread them with respect so that it will trickle down to the passengers.

One of the best Regional Airlines for Dispatchers

Current Employee - Dispatcher  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Dispatcher in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Atlantic Southeast Airlines

Pros

Good pay and benefits
    Union
    All Jet
    Excellent travel benefits
    Great location - Atlanta

Cons

Aggravating sick leave policy
    It is a Regional Airline not a Legacy (better pay and work rules)
    A small layer of management deadwood

Since new management arrived two years ago, the Airline has vastly improved. Hey Upper Management...Keep up the good work!!!! You seem to understand how to lead!!! I'm not used to that from Management...LOL

There are newer employer reviews for Atlantic Southeast Airlines

Worked for Atlantic Southeast Airlines? Contribute to the Community!