Atlantis Casino Resort Spa

It pays the bills

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I have been working at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa

Pros

i work with good people

Cons

Little Chance of advancement
Work every holiday and weekend
Long time before you get benefits
little performance recognition

16 Other Employee Reviews for Atlantis Casino Resort Spa (View Most Recent)

Abandon all hope ye who enter

Current Employee - Manager in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Manager in Reno, NV

I have been working at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa

Pros

Great people I work with and most guests are nice... other than that, absolutely nothing.

Cons

One of the worst places I have ever had to work. Public humiliation not part of your job description... think again, it is at the Atlantis... How about getting yelled at in front of guests by the CEO because of a piece of paper on the ground that you didn't have the chance to get to because you are doing your job helping guests... or how about being publicly embarrassed while the CEO yells at you because the men's room is dirty... never mind it isn't even your department or that you haven't even had the chance to use the restroom because you are too busy. How about no raises going into its forth year, but the directors got back their bonuses in 2010.... how about a 37% turn over of employees in one year... and upper management is so clueless that they blame the front line managers who work their butts off for "not integrating new hires into the Atlantis culture better" ... and don't dare complain because all that will happen is you will told that you are lucky to have a job. This place is nothing more than a sweat shop hidden under the guise of an award winning casino resort. They care nothing for their employees and make well known that we are all replaceable. The Atlantis exemplifies what the occupy protests are all about.... this place qualifies for one of the rings in Dante's Inferno.

Most of the starting wages are the same as they were in 1994... that was 18 years ago.... share the wealth. The Atlantis prides itself on being great, but falls short of the mark because of the way it treats the people that make them successful... to truly be great you must help employees to rise up, not beat them down by publicly humiliating them. Once a month we go to a meeting to hear how well we are doing... the rest of the time we spend getting beat over the head, thrown under the bus or being intentionally humiliated. We are told not to take it personally, that it is only business... but it is almost always made personal. Just remember... even mighty Rome fell eventually.

Everyone is extremely scared who work there. Job security is horrible.

Current Employee - Waitress in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Waitress in Reno, NV

I have been working at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa

Pros

Business is good and tips are wonderful compared to most food and beverage positions in the area. You can really make a lot of money there if you have a good attitude and work hard.

Cons

Management is rough and has a high turnover ratio. Job security is a huge concern among employees. The CEO is near impossible to please and can stress out the employees and management working there at times.

I would recommend taking in consideration how hard some of the employees work and rewarding those who work hard and reinforcing their security in the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Atlantis Casino Resort Spa