Atlas Copco

Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Atlas Copco

Great culture

I worked at Atlas Copco

Pros

The company culture is friendly, open, responsible, high-achieving yet fun. People are helpful and team oriented, which leads to a pleasant work environment and high performance. Also, the company works well with corporate responsibility, and there are great career opportunities. Changing position, business area, country etc is encouraged

Cons

The wage is mediocre, and at some points the big organization can get a bit bureaucratic and slow. Offices seldom situated down town

108 Other Employee Reviews for Atlas Copco (View Most Recent)

Caring place to work but catching to many issue

Current Employee - Welder in Garland, TX
    Current Employee - Welder in Garland, TX

I have been working at Atlas Copco full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They work with your family needs!

Cons

No focus moving forward, safety is talked about but never followed

Lots of Travel for Field Service Engineers

Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Atlas Copco full-time (less than a year)

Pros

As a Field Service Engineer, I was probably on travel over 70% of the time. Travelled to Portugal, Mexico, many US locations, and was slated to go to China and Russia before I resigned to pursue other opportunities.
    Pay was great, on top of travel expenses.

Cons

So much travel, some times you didn't have time to breathe before you're off to the next site.
    Company made the transition from JC Carter Pumps to Atlas Copco, so the company started to cut expenses.
    Travel policy remained unchanged for Field Service Representatives and it stated that all international travels, or travels greater that 6 hours, will be in Business or First Class.
    After 10 days in Portugal, working over 15 hours a day, the Company changed my ticket to Coach without notifying me (to save $300). Not a good way to say thank you for a job well done, by sticking your employee in cramped travel arrangements, especially when I would do a turnaround to China in a couple of days after returning.
    Before becoming a part of the Atlas Copco team, I normally travelled First Class on my own dime, so I paid the $1200 charge to get me back into First Class. Needless to say, I resigned the following day that I returned, to pursue other opportunities.

Budget cuts are understandable, but don't sacrifice the morale by trying to save a few dollars on travel. In the grand scheme of millions of dollars, the difference is just a small piece of the pie.

There are newer employer reviews for Atlas Copco