There are newer employer reviews for Atlas Oil

Chaos at it's best

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Taylor, MI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Taylor, MI

I worked at Atlas Oil full-time

Pros

Clean work environment, good people for the most part

Cons

Cut corners in every department, but spend $100K on remodels and new furniture. The "stop" no "go", wait "stop", no change everything and "go" culture gets old and exhausting very quickly. They can't seem to pick a lane. When owner puts pressure on leadership to perform, look out because we are all going to pay the price for them taking 6 vacations a year or leaving early 4 days a week. Trust is non -existent. No matter what, there is no where to go including your team leader to discuss any issues, especially if it's about your team leader. They can do no wrong. Once you open this can of worms, you're pretty much marked for a walk out the door at some point. The rest of the reviews are accurate about the "yes sir, no sir" atmosphere and this carries through every department of the company. Most of us walk on eggshells every day. Never know what's going to set a team leader off or Sam. Short skirts and low cut tops get all the attention. The salary differences between new hires and those that have been there several years is unreal. They will pay them anything to get them in the door. Where is the "so called" Leveling out of salaries?? There are double standards all over the place. There are salaried workers working 60-70 hours a week and then salaried workers working 40 hours a week. Most employees are good people but like in prior reviews, they are right. Many of them will blatantly lie or deceive to throw you under the bus. Advice is to keep every email and piece of correspondence because you're going to need it to get your butt out of trouble at some point. It's very political and everything is for show. Don't ever complain about anything because that's a sign of weakness for your team and you have to look good in front of Sam.

Take the PI exams seriously. Understand why the employee is unhappy. You might be surprised how much they enjoy their work but not how they are treated. Remember that we all put our pants on in the morning just the same as you. Come back down to our level and start listening and truly understanding the processes and systems. They are supposed to be role models, yet most don't even understand what it is their team members really do day to day.

reviews filtered by

You Want the Truth? You Can't Handle the Truth!

I have been working at Atlas Oil full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have realized I can do ten different things at once and then do them again when we make yet another change, decision or flip-flop. After spending several years working at this company, I will be leaving my position to pursue another opportunity.

Cons

The professional atmosphere of this company is sorely lacking. Employee morale is non-existent as individuals scramble to continually appease the flip-flop decision making of the company owner with the knowledge they will be shown the door at some future point, with the only question being when. With the unbelieveable turnover rate at this company, you are pretty much an old timer if you've survived here a few years. This includes management. The turnover rate is really just that stupendous. There have been and are a lot of unnecessary growing pains as the company expands because of this huge employee turnover and the fact that the company lacks a real growth plan with vision and direction. A large number of employees are flying by the seat of their pants, not because they aren't qualified or are afraid to work but because organization is poor and lacking structurally, because its difficult to rely on other employees that may not be there next week, and because fear is a great motivator in this economy. Unfortunately, instead of being able to put the needs of the company first, utilize our employees more effectively and do our job accordingly, management has to accommodate and placate the owner. The bottom line is that no matter how hard you work, how well you do your job, how devoted you are or how long you have worked here, you are easily expendable. If you are going to work here my advice is to get the best salary possible, stay a few years and move on. This is not a company that rewards long-term employees financially .

Most of us try but our hands are usually tied by excessive owner involvement. The focus needs to be on the company and its employees and not the facade of the Sammies and the like.

Paid the bills, bought me some time to get settled. Not a Career orientated business.

Current Employee - Mechanic in Hammond, IN
    Current Employee - Mechanic in Hammond, IN

I have been working at Atlas Oil full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Free pop. popcorn, and nice dinners here and there. 401k match. Paycheck always cashed. The owner peeked in every now and then to say hi. He is a generous person. He also supports the troops with his pocketbook.

Cons

Crappy raises, 30 cents per hour a year dont do much, to many Managers. Performance Review program doesnt make sense. I was on the fleet maintenance side the regional manager of that had too many responsiblities to be able to control everything he needed to, He worked 7 days a week 15+ hours a day. Everything was bought the cheapest they could find, very inefficient.

Get a guy with a Mechanic/Shop backround to run your Corporate Fleet Program. You shouldn't have inexperienced pencil pushers making decisions about something they know nothing about.

There are newer employer reviews for Atlas Oil