Atlas Oil

Flavor of the Month Company

Current Employee - Director in Taylor, MI
Current Employee - Director in Taylor, MI

I have been working at Atlas Oil

Pros

My team and the rest of the employees here want to do the Right Thing. We believe Sam. Free Pop Corn and Soda. Ice Cream day

Cons

Most of all the leadership has NO loyalty to their workers and for the most part , completely disregard family (only their families). If you can ignore the BS you may end up loving the career. I know that I make A LOT of $$$, but I also see the way other employees are treated and manipulated. If you can see past the total BS and lack of ethics of 90% of the "Leadership Team" and ignore everything except the "ISMS" then you will do fine, but prepare for a bombardment of guilt!!!!

We are very loyal and hard working people. Sam needs to start doing the things that made him rich. He needs to be kind and not full of himself. He continues to listen to what his leadership say and not what we have to say

56 Other Employee Reviews for Atlas Oil (View Most Recent)

Mgmt by Chaos, Whichever way the CEO's Wind Blows

Former Employee - Management in Taylor, MI
    Former Employee - Management in Taylor, MI

I worked at Atlas Oil

Pros

Fairly Open communication; Generally decent people who work there; Most folks trying to do their best

Cons

Management can't seem to make a plan and stick to it. Owner/CEO says right today and then left tomorrow, often without rhyme or reason. Some folks just getting by on tenure and friendship, not ability and value add. Lots of in-fighting between sr. mgmt. Lots of Chaos, or "noise" they call it, ut 90% is self-created. Lots of intimidation and bullying going on, and a fair amount of sexism as well. If you are an unattractive woman or a strong-willed confident man, good luck. Only hotties or the meek need apply.

Don't be afraid to let some outside talent into the building. Just because some senior folks have been around a while doesn't mean they are good at their jobs. Many very successful firms have had the CEOs step aside when they realize that they cannot intellectually manage the growth of their own firms.....food for thought here.

Lack of Opportunity and Direction

I have been working at Atlas Oil full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company offers decent benefits and pay and is a convenient commute.

Cons

This company has a constant employee turnover. While it would be understandable and normal for any company to make a few poor hiring choices, the turnover seems to be less about poor hiring choices and more about management's unrealistic expectations and lack of vision. There is a definite undercurrent of fear, stress and dissatisfaction due to this constant turnover which really has a negative impact on morale. This isn't a place where you are going to work hard so you can climb the ladder, as it doesn't exist. This is is a place where hard work is expected and demanded ... until management decides to give you the boot. I will be leaving this company soon to take another position. The lack of upward mobility combined with management problems and employee tension is a career killer for me. I could not see myself here a year from now, much less five years from now.

Get a firm company infrastructure in place or there will be a voluntary mass exodus from Atlas as the economy improves.

There are newer employer reviews for Atlas Oil