Very down to earth, transparent and collaborative culture and get-work-done attitude.

Former Employee - Enterprise Marketing Consultant  in  San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Enterprise Marketing Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Atlassian as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Amazing benefits and perks. Very spacious and beautiful office, games, free sandwhich bar and ready made food, 3 kegs on tap, yoga on site, etc.

Also very open office culture - only glass walls, you can always walk up to anybody. Executive team sits in the pit - accessible to all and not sitting above the employees.

Cons

Time Zone difference between Sydney and San Francisco office can require off-hours meetings late at night or during the very early morning.

It can be difficult to seek privacy and quiet without seeming secretive. Introverted employees might have issues in this environment if they preferred their own office.

The total open office culture leads to employees wearing head phones all the time and isolating themselves acoustically from the crowd. That hinders collaboration again.

Keep the spirit going and try your best to maintain the culture as the company grows further.

Other Reviews for Atlassian

A company in the midst of growing pains

I have been working at Atlassian full-time

Pros

Probably the most fun company that you'll be around. There is politics, but for the most part, you are valued for what you have to contribute to the table. The amount of transparency is staggering: it's not every company where any Joe Blow can query the company data warehouse or simply ask what the top secret project is.

Atlassian has some of the best people working for it that you'll ever find, and I genuinely look forward to coming into work. It's exciting times, if you like building new stuff or breaking new ground, and I've not stopped learning since I've gotten here.

Cons

Like many companies that are explosively growing, things don't always scale up fast enough. Like many of the other people here, I'll point out that not all is right with Kansas, and there's some spring cleaning that needs to be done of some of the cruft.

I would say that there's a lot less cruft than I've seen elsewhere, but I'll certainly acknowledge that it exists.

For other cons, it takes a tremendous amount of energy to course correct, though this is kind of a first world problem. Most other companies wouldn't even offer you the option to course correct, but Atlassian does-it just takes a lot of patience and asbestos suits.

Compared to the outside, Atlassian compensation kind of blows, but there are some nice perks to make up some of it. It really is a pleasant place to work, but you can make more elsewhere.

You have some great people working for you, but you also have some junk in the corners.

Notice some of your top performers, clean out out some of the smelly stuff that creates toxic atmospheres.

Give credit where credit is due and advance them up. Up doesn't necessarily mean management.

Interned last summer and learned a lot working with a fun group!

I worked at Atlassian as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Free food, very social atmosphere, cool office space

Cons

Sketchy surrounding neighborhood, little desk privacy

There are newer employer reviews for Atlassian.

Worked for Atlassian? Contribute to the Community!