Atmel

www.atmel.com

arrogant management is the norm.

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsHealth package, and good salaries for the Colorado Area. There is still the ability to directly impact the bottom line of the company and the challenge of the work makes it a great place to be an engineer.

ConsManagement is hopelessly clueless with respect to how to treat employees like people. Some groups are huge and bloated, while others are sadly understaffed due to a lack of clear vision or focus from management. The micro-management of technical positions is common, most engineering managers do not trust their engineers to do the job. This micro-management is a culture that leads all the way to the top, it frequently requires the CEO to sign off even the most basic positions (even summer interns). The 401K is pathetic at 500 bucks a year total matching for all employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to have some open an honest communication with employees. Lay-offs right before Christmas while giving yourself huge bonuses are not going to improve moral.

Good if all you want is to get an engineering job

Design Engineer (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

I worked at Atmel

Pros: They are a relatively stable semi-conductor company which is good if all you want is just a job as… Cons: Lack of promotion opportunities and a advancement system. They do not annually review whether you should be promoted or what you should do to… Advice to Senior Management: n/a No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Atmel is becoming a better place to work.

Fab Operator (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Atmel

Pros: Atmel has great benefits and the compressed shift schedules are great for working parents or someone trying to go to school. The salaries are pretty… Cons: Management is very inconsistant in dealing with employees. Some supervisors bully and threaten employees and most of us feel like there is no "safe" person… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work, everyone will come around when… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Atmel.

Worked for Atmel? Contribute to the Community!