Atmel
www.atmel.com San Jose, CA 5000+ Employees

Need to look elsewhere if you want advancement

Technical Program Manager (Current Employee)
Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Atmel full-time for more than 10 years

ProsPeople are good to work with, benefits (insurance) is good.

ConsNo potential for growth. No acknowledgement of advanced degrees gotten while working for the company, no intent by the company to use that education. Pay isn't competitive, no training on any of the systems in use, terrible morale. Poor communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward more then the executive committee and directors when the company is doing good. Spend some time talking the the people that do that actual work of the company before you change or modify systems. You ever see "Undercover Bosses"?.... you guys could totally benefit by seeing what it's like to work for this company.

Many great people to work with but no future in U.S.

Technician (Current Employee)
Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Atmel full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: People I work with, compensation, Paid time off, ESPP, Managers can be flexible, … Cons: Unless you're a friend of Steve Laub's( you'll know because you've been promoted to a VP) or you're in sales it feels like you're not… Advice to Senior Management: Too many VP's and up who are taking tens of millions of dollars in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Colorado Springs is great... Atmel, not so much

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Atmel

Pros: Colorado Springs is a great place to work Cons: Too many layoffs, the fab has old equipment and… Advice to Senior Management: Try not to view everything in terms of office politics No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Atmel.

Worked for Atmel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Atmel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Atmel CEO Steve Laub. All reviews posted anonymously by Atmel employees.