MCU interview questions

I have been working at Atmel

Pros

- Growing market share in MCU
- Excellent Products
- Well-established but still a startup like work culture
- Enthusiastic

Cons

- Time to market
- Not enough communication makes it difficult
- Lack of resources makes everybody thinly spread and

- Look slike there is a big initiative in hiring senior management like Directors, Executives but no rush in hiring the support teams for MCU and Touch application team

Other Reviews for Atmel

Atmel is changing, but is it improving?

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Atmel

Pros

Great technology. Exciting department. High growth rate. Colleagues are great.

Cons

All decisions made abroad, local management have no authority, local decision-making suffers from this.

Atmels management seems to be a "satisfy shareholders"-management. No wrong in that, but combined with the short-term thinking I think Atmel will suffer.

Atmel also fails in their employee policy. Many sites/offices around the world, maybe not always American policy is the correct one locally.

At the moment, during this big restructuring period, management not able to convince employees that they will succeed. Are they positioning Atmel for sale? Reduce cost seems to be the only goal, strategy seems very short-term.

Learn how to make decisions, give feedback and stick to a strategy. Big bonuses to management when the company is struggling and employees salaries are low, is not a good thing.

Great company to work for! Great benefits, nice co-workers.

Current Employee - Senior Applications Engineer  in  Deerfield Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Applications Engineer in Deerfield Beach, FL

I have been working at Atmel full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Work load is great, able to work from home. Time management is second nature, so this works great for me.

Cons

Management is difficult to understand. We spend way too much time dealing with the bonus plan which is tied to performance review, which requires reviewing huge spreadsheets looking for completed sales tied to sales efforts. I'm not a salesman, I'm an engineer.

Fix the bonus plan so that we don't need to data mine huge spreadsheets every quarter by fixing the backend systems.

There are newer employer reviews for Atmel.

Worked for Atmel? Contribute to the Community!