There are newer employer reviews for Atmel

Not recommended. Taking a job here is a big gamble. You might like it, but you more than likely will hate it.

I have been working at Atmel

Pros

- Flexible work schedules. Several people arrive after 10:00 a.m. every day.

- Fun people (in certain departments). Sales, in particular, seems to have a fairly cool team of people pulled together.

- Occasionally the company's stock actually ticks upward, and with a 365-day average price of about 4 bucks, even a small bump means a fairly nice return on your ESPP investment.

- Not particularly demanding. Many people are completing the minimum amount of work possible to retain their jobs, and nobody seems to notice / care.

Cons

- Not particularly demanding. Assigned work is boring.

- There is absolutely no knowledge sharing whatesoever. The Company puts shockingly little emphasis on knowledge transfer. The learning curve is extremely protracted here, because it's like pulling teeth to get others to share what they know.

- No teambuilding events. Makes it hard to get to know others and build camaraderie.

- Second-tier talent pool. And yes, I realize I'm swimming in that pool too. What can I say? I made an error in judgment when I accepted this job offer. Learn from my mistake.

I've heard speculation that part of the reason nothing ever seems to get better at Atmel is because management wants to sell Atmel and ride off into the sunset with a huge pile of cash. Perhaps. Regardless, the current culture is one of stagnation. Talented people don't put up with stagnant environments for long.

108 Other Employee Reviews for Atmel (View Most Recent)

MCU interview questions

I have been working at Atmel

Pros

- Growing market share in MCU
    - Excellent Products
    - Well-established but still a startup like work culture
    - Enthusiastic

Cons

- Time to market
    - Not enough communication makes it difficult
    - Lack of resources makes everybody thinly spread and

- Look slike there is a big initiative in hiring senior management like Directors, Executives but no rush in hiring the support teams for MCU and Touch application team

Atmel is changing, but is it improving?

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Atmel

Pros

Great technology. Exciting department. High growth rate. Colleagues are great.

Cons

All decisions made abroad, local management have no authority, local decision-making suffers from this.

Atmels management seems to be a "satisfy shareholders"-management. No wrong in that, but combined with the short-term thinking I think Atmel will suffer.

Atmel also fails in their employee policy. Many sites/offices around the world, maybe not always American policy is the correct one locally.

At the moment, during this big restructuring period, management not able to convince employees that they will succeed. Are they positioning Atmel for sale? Reduce cost seems to be the only goal, strategy seems very short-term.

Learn how to make decisions, give feedback and stick to a strategy. Big bonuses to management when the company is struggling and employees salaries are low, is not a good thing.

There are newer employer reviews for Atmel

Worked for Atmel? Contribute to the Community!