Atmel
www.atmel.com San Jose, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Not recommended. Taking a job here is a big gamble. You might like it, but you more than likely will hate it.

Pros- Flexible work schedules. Several people arrive after 10:00 a.m. every day.

- Fun people (in certain departments). Sales, in particular, seems to have a fairly cool team of people pulled together.

- Occasionally the company's stock actually ticks upward, and with a 365-day average price of about 4 bucks, even a small bump means a fairly nice return on your ESPP investment.

- Not particularly demanding. Many people are completing the minimum amount of work possible to retain their jobs, and nobody seems to notice / care.

Cons- Not particularly demanding. Assigned work is boring.

- There is absolutely no knowledge sharing whatesoever. The Company puts shockingly little emphasis on knowledge transfer. The learning curve is extremely protracted here, because it's like pulling teeth to get others to share what they know.

- No teambuilding events. Makes it hard to get to know others and build camaraderie.

- Second-tier talent pool. And yes, I realize I'm swimming in that pool too. What can I say? I made an error in judgment when I accepted this job offer. Learn from my mistake.

Advice to Senior ManagementI've heard speculation that part of the reason nothing ever seems to get better at Atmel is because management wants to sell Atmel and ride off into the sunset with a huge pile of cash. Perhaps. Regardless, the current culture is one of stagnation. Talented people don't put up with stagnant environments for long.

MCU interview questions

I have been working at Atmel

Pros: - Growing market share in MCU - Excellent Products - Well-established but… Cons: - Time to market - Not enough communication makes it difficult -… Advice to Senior Management: - Look slike there is a big initiative in hiring senior management like Directors,… More

Atmel is changing, but is it improving?

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Atmel

Pros: Great technology. Exciting department. High growth rate. Colleagues are great. Cons: All decisions made abroad, local management have no authority, local decision-making suffers from this. Atmels management seems to be a "satisfy shareholders"-management. No wrong in that,… Advice to Senior Management: Learn how to make decisions, give feedback and stick to a strategy. Big bonuses to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Atmel.

Worked for Atmel? Contribute to the Community!

Atmel – Why Work for Us?

Create Products that Are in Your Everyday Life Today, we're one of the market's largest suppliers of microcontrollers. Our touch technologies are in some of the world's most popular smartphones and tablets. The… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Atmel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Atmel CEO Steve Laub. All reviews posted anonymously by Atmel employees.