Atomic Public Relations
www.us.grayling.com San Francisco, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Wouldn't go to Any Other Agency

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

ProsA very streamlined style of PR that cuts out a lot of the nonsense and offers a streamlined, quality approach to media relations. My team was particularly close and that fostered a secure, honest and fun-loving workplace.

Atomic is the "anti-agency" and I love them for it.

More pros:
Job security--Atomic does fire people, but it has to be an extreme situation, and they work on issues with people individually before handing out pink slips.
Access to top-levels--you sit right next to your VP so you can always ask questions and use your team as a resource.
Work from home benefit
Cell/internet reimbursement
The week between Chistmas and New Year's off

ConsI left Atomic because I wanted to get out of agency PR.My team was particularly close, which wasn't always a good thing. Managers were often inconsistent and rude.

More cons:
Open seating environment, people can see your computer screen all day
Teams work independently, meaning if the lead is doing something wrong, no one who can do anything about it will know
No regular reviews, if it's time for a raise/promotion you'll have to ask for it

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the Atomic style, it's as functional as it is unique. Be consistent and professional by holding everyone to the same standard.

Pretty good first PR job, especially if you're interested in working with start ups

Assistant Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Atomic Public Relations full-time for more than a year

Pros: If you get a good team, you're gold. This is definitely the kind of place that if you… Cons: Runs kind of like a start-up, not enough structure - which may be good if that's what you're… Advice to Senior Management: Hire friendlier HR, plan more social events Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Excellent company that truly cares about and empowers employees

Senior Level (Current Employee)

I have been working at Atomic Public Relations full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Highly flexible work environment. Challenging and interesting work. Excellent teams. Encourages fun in the workplace. Competitive salary and benefits package. Employees are truly valued and… Cons: Due to high growth, there have been growing pains, but upper management strives to make rapid growth as smooth of a transition as… Advice to Senior Management: Some managers are more communicative than others. For those who are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Atomic Public Relations.

Worked for Atomic Public Relations? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Atomic Public Relations reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Atomic Public Relations CEO Pete Pedersen. All reviews posted anonymously by Atomic Public Relations employees.