Atomic Public Relations

There are newer employer reviews for Atomic Public Relations

Wouldn't go to Any Other Agency

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Atomic Public Relations full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A very streamlined style of PR that cuts out a lot of the nonsense and offers a streamlined, quality approach to media relations. My team was particularly close and that fostered a secure, honest and fun-loving workplace.

Atomic is the "anti-agency" and I love them for it.

More pros:
Job security--Atomic does fire people, but it has to be an extreme situation, and they work on issues with people individually before handing out pink slips.
Access to top-levels--you sit right next to your VP so you can always ask questions and use your team as a resource.
Work from home benefit
Cell/internet reimbursement
The week between Chistmas and New Year's off

Cons

I left Atomic because I wanted to get out of agency PR.My team was particularly close, which wasn't always a good thing. Managers were often inconsistent and rude.

More cons:
Open seating environment, people can see your computer screen all day
Teams work independently, meaning if the lead is doing something wrong, no one who can do anything about it will know
No regular reviews, if it's time for a raise/promotion you'll have to ask for it

Keep the Atomic style, it's as functional as it is unique. Be consistent and professional by holding everyone to the same standard.

14 Other Employee Reviews for Atomic Public Relations (View Most Recent)

Pretty good first PR job, especially if you're interested in working with start ups

Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Atomic Public Relations full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you get a good team, you're gold. This is definitely the kind of place that if you show initiative, drive, and participate, your managers will notice.

GREAT vacation + pretty good benefits

They pay their interns

Cons

Runs kind of like a start-up, not enough structure - which may be good if that's what you're looking for

Lots of accounts at once - which still might be good if that's what you're looking for

Hire friendlier HR, plan more social events

Fantastic place for the right profile: smart PR people

Current Employee - Vice President in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Atomic Public Relations full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Merit-based, open format for thoughtful, hard-working, communications professionals. It's a great place to stretch your wings, feel creative, own your work, and do it without drama. Great place to grow. Lots of long-time employees.

Cons

You'll never show up to a clear to-do list, so people from big agencies sometimes founder, looking for more process or direction. You have to be a self starter to thrive -- and ready to grow and think

Good time to work on processes now that we're growing so fast and furiously

Keep standards of hiring high, even as we grow

There are newer employer reviews for Atomic Public Relations