There are newer employer reviews for Atos

Lots of hard work, no overtime pay

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Arlington, TX
Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Arlington, TX

I worked at Atos full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Get exposed to some neat technology. Some of it was actually close to cutting edge. Co-workers were for the most part good folks. Olympics happening every 2 years was a good marketing pitch & morale booster. Facility in Arlington was nice, like working in a park or nature preserve.

Cons

Get exposed to working crazy hours with little extra to show for it. Same boat everybody else in IT (except hourly contractors) is in these days though. Plus, you are an outsourcer, and have to deal with folks in India, Poland, and other time zones a lot. Also, you have to support legacy environments up to 10+ years old. Morale suffered accordingly. Lots of turnover due to burnout and/or incompetence.

Merge with CapGemini and/or IBM GS. Siemens was probably not enough.

369 Other Employee Reviews for Atos (View Most Recent)

Be careful working as a Contractor with Atos!

Former Employee - Operation Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Operation Engineer in Redmond, WA

I worked at Atos full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Unfortunately, I thought long and hard about the pros I saw during my year of working with Atos after they purchased the Siemens IT Solutions and Services group, and there is none. It is always nice to have a job in the economy, but the cons completely outweighed any pros.

Cons

Starting at the top...salary was 10-15k under market norms, the benefits were the worst I had, there was no possible of internal promotion once you hit the top, and management was a complete let down

It's a less than favorable enviornment overall, but will get you experience...

Current Employee - Helpdesk Agent in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Helpdesk Agent in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Atos full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Experience is about it. They will not lay off as often as some companies - they opt for furlough instead.

Cons

Lack of recognition, less than average wages.

Actually commend the employee's that do good work rather than the ones who skrew around constantly.

There are newer employer reviews for Atos