There are newer employer reviews for Atria Senior Living

Great people; Great Company...not perfect, but who is?

Current Employee - Community Sales Director
Current Employee - Community Sales Director

I have been working at Atria Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

The corporate sales environment is WONDERFUL. Coming from a Sunrise property where I was use to regional weekly flogging calls, this company is a breath of fresh air! Don't get me wrong...the pressure is on! But if you're in sales, you already came in knowing that and you know that aside from the warm and fuzzy "loving our residents" part, well, profit and growth are why we're hired. That being said, you won't find a better and more supportive corporate sales environment. The CEO is visibe, active and supportive. The VP of Sales, Rick Wiggington....just rocks. My regional support guy is amazing. If I flop, it's either extremely bad luck or my fault but the support is there. Incentives are ALWAYS being tossed at you to perform a bit higher....so if you love making money and a little challenge, you will here. On a local perspective, I'm pretty lucky to have an amazing team on the community front. People come in here, feel like we're a big happy loving family...and they chose us amongst 30 others in the area.

Cons

Not many. Like other senior living organizations, everyone tends to create too many processes in an effort to save a buck or micromange certain processes to the point where you're doing redundant reporting...etc. Streamlining and getting back to basics without five million reporting layers would be nice. I can't speak for every community, but at mine, the director team works an insane amount of hours. I have to believe they either chose to do this because they'd rather be here than home or that they're just not efficient to some degree but nonetheless very dedicated. There's a very new push on touching employees through all-employee daily meetings...not a bad thing at all....but there does tend to be a lot of "stand-ups, team meetings, trainings"....always makes me nervous when I spend too much time talking about working instead of working. These are all minor things though. If you can find a perfect place to work...good luck!

Cut processes that suck up time but result in redundant reporting. People have lives outside of their jobs and they should! There's so much appreciation for the front-line staff but the director team needs a little love too...especially mine who trend 70-80+ hour work weeks :) And I'd look at each and every report, process and procedure and think, "does this ensure my residents will have a better life and save or make money?" If not, nix it! Love the corporate team though....great people and it certainly trickles down.

90 Other Employee Reviews for Atria Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Not worth the stress.

I worked at Atria Senior Living

Pros

They have great systems in place which keeps things running smoothly at the community. They have high standards which shows when you go into any Atria community and definitely helps when closing a sale.

Cons

Its a very corporate driven company that puts a lot of stress and pressure on the sales directors. Their expectations seemed a little too far fetched.

Less pressure on the sales team might minimize the revolving door. Some referral sources were not happy with getting visited by a different CSD every few months.

Community Business Director

Current Employee - Community Business Director
    Current Employee - Community Business Director

I have been working at Atria Senior Living full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This started off as a great company to work for, but each year it gets worse. I do not feel that there are any pros any longer, and if I could find a new job I would.

Cons

This position is based on unreal deadlines, while the expectation is that you focus on sales and coverage for the receptionist. Everything that is done in this position is confidential so you cannot have help, but you are still expected to meet those deadlines and help with sales without getting the bonus for getting the move in. Sr. Management is so worried about a union that they have made their own hourly union so that mnagers can no longer mange their staff. The hourly staff is able to call the "ethics" hotline anytime they want and complain about a manager and it is accepted as gospel even if the staff are lying. Many managers have been fired because of this.

Start paying attention to your managers so that you don't have such a high turnover. It seems to me that you would rather keep hiring managers rather than hourly staff. How about offering your managers some incentive so that it is worth them putting up with not only your unrealistic expectations of them, but also dealing with ungrateful, spoiled hourly employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Atria Senior Living

Worked for Atria Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!