Atrium Living Centers

www.atriumlivingcenters.com
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Atrium Living Centers

I have worked at the facility since it opened in 2010 and have enjoyed my time there a great deal.

Current Employee - Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant in Dowagiac, MI
Current Employee - Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant in Dowagiac, MI

I have been working at Atrium Living Centers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy being part of such a talented and professional therapy team.

Cons

It is quite far from my home.

Advice to Management

Some of the management tend to micro manage and not see the bigger picture.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Our Atrium facility has wonderful staff, residents, and families.

Current Employee - Business Office Manager in South Haven, MI
    Current Employee - Business Office Manager in South Haven, MI

I have been working at Atrium Living Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is an employee owned company which is a benefit. PTO time is based on how long you have been working here and if your part-time or full-time. The hours are nice for my position. I work 8:30-5:30 Mon-Fri.

Cons

They pay horrible compared to other skilled nursing facilities. They allow no money in the budget to train staff. With a new administrator we are struggling with communication.

Advice to Management

Allow hours to train staff, and I guarantee that our turn over would be about 50% less than current. Pay at a scale that is normal for this hire. Once again that would be helpful to keep staff. Value your department head opinion, and ask them how they feel about things before just doing them. What works for one facility may not work for another.

2. Staff RN

Former Employee - RN Staff Nurse in North Muskegon, MI
    Former Employee - RN Staff Nurse in North Muskegon, MI

I worked at Atrium Living Centers (Less than a year)

Pros

None. Absolutely not even one positive reason to work for this company. Run for the hills, don't look back and be glad you got away.

Cons

Orientation process: a whole whopping 3 days and on your own. The mentality was sink or swim. They were very disorganized. Could not figure out their forms, where they were even kept,or their computer software. They changed on weekly basis. Turnover of staff is VERY high. Most would just not show up: Surprise! You are now mandated. The pay is in the lower 2% of other similar facilities and positions. The 2 corporate reps assigned to this building were either very condescending or very sarcastic and rude. They are so tight-fisted they would not even provide plastic eating utensils for the staff lunch room. Staff was frequently told "there's a light at the end of the tunnel. ..got news for you folks! It's a freight train coming on fast. GET OFF THE TRACKS! There were at least 2 narcotic diversion incidents in the few months that I worked for them. There was carpet in the facility I worked in. Nasty! No way to keep that clean or free from odors. The walls had chinks of plaster knocked out. Haven't painted the walls in years. Plumbing not in good repair. Roof leaks, windows don't open.Staf has to provide their own thermometers, b/p cuffs, stethoscopes and pens. The facility's equipment either didn't work or they did not supply. This nurse asked that the policy and procedure manuals be put on the computer desktop because the hard copy was locked up in the DON's office where staff had no access to, but by-golly you were held responsible to follow them. It never happened. One nurse worked there for 18 months and never did get her "employer provided uniforms"

Advice to Management

Get a clue: if you want to turn the reputation of your building around, attract residents and actually turn a profit, you need to change the image of this facility. Invest in the maintenance of the appearance of the building. At the same time,INVEST in maintaining staff satisfaction. Competitive pay would be a good start. One nurse had been there for 7 years without one raise in pay. The position I took after leaving ypur employ was $5/hr difference and THIS pay was was merely the usual and customary for a SNF in this region. You invest in pre-employment physicals, TB skin tests, criminal background checks, hepatitis B series. Granted,you don't invest a whole lot in your orientation but that only guarantees lost, frustrated employees, physicians,families and residents. And you wonder why good staff leaves and the only nurses you attract are bottom of the barrel employees who have burned bridges with all other employers in the vicinity and have no other options. I took the job at this facility because I had worked with the administrator in the past and knew she was a miracle worker in turning around troubled buildings. It was disappointing to watch the corporate reps tie her hands behind her back and she was not allowed to implement any solutions. After a few months of this she had a belly full of it and left. I wasn't too far behind her.