The experience overall teaches you how to learn living far from home and to be responsible for another human life

Former Employee - Au Pair  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Au Pair in New York, NY

I worked at Au Pair in America full-time for more than a year

Pros

- This experience opened my mind to other cultures, not just the american
- Teached me how to live with a different family with different rules and different habits.
- Increased my sense of responsibility since another human being was dependant on my work.
- Offered me the opportunity to assist to schools that normally would have being very costly to attend
- Gave me the chance to travel to many places and cities
- I have met very interesting people, made friends and learn from others situations

Cons

- It is very easy to get misunderstandings with your host family when you don´t have a good communication.
- It is practically a matter of "good luck" whether you get a nice family since you never know how things can turn out after a while with the family you chose to live with

a way to avoid misunderstandings between the au pair and the family is to have a closer relation between the person responsible of the area with the au pairs to serve as conciliator between this two parties before misunderstandings arise.

Other Reviews for Au Pair in America

Great company--values/respects their employees as well as the au pairs

I have been working at Au Pair in America as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros

great part-time, work from home opportunities
    opportunities for career growth
    company is great about promoting from within
    great conferences both domestically and internationally are part of the company benefit

Cons

would be great if they considered a discount for an au pair to their local representatives.

Reality : your just a cleaning lady and the agency don't care about u

Former Employee - Au Pair  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Au Pair in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Au Pair in America as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Your able to travel a little bit

Cons

As soon as your in america the au pair agency doesn't care about u. The host family just uses u by making u work over hours, makes u clean the house uses u in your free time, ..........don't be live all the stuff the agency tells u. The host family's paying higher fees to the agency then the au pairs so they care more about the host family then you. They will replace u with an new au pair and sent u back on your own expense!!!!!

Nothing to say about that

There are newer employer reviews for Au Pair in America.

Worked for Au Pair in America? Contribute to the Community!