Au Pair in America

www.aupairinamerica.com
There are newer employer reviews for Au Pair in America

Reality : your just a cleaning lady and the agency don't care about u

Former Employee - Au Pair in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Au Pair in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Au Pair in America as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Your able to travel a little bit

Cons

As soon as your in america the au pair agency doesn't care about u. The host family just uses u by making u work over hours, makes u clean the house uses u in your free time, ..........don't be live all the stuff the agency tells u. The host family's paying higher fees to the agency then the au pairs so they care more about the host family then you. They will replace u with an new au pair and sent u back on your own expense!!!!!

Nothing to say about that

6 Other Employee Reviews for Au Pair in America (View Most Recent)

It is being one of the best experiences of my life

Current Employee - Au Pair in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Au Pair in Portland, OR

I have been working at Au Pair in America full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Get to work in the US.
    Get to meet lots of new people.
    Get to take care of beautiful and nice children that will love you as a family member.
    Get to know American culture.

Cons

Sometimes you miss your family and friends back in home, but other than that, I don't see any more cons.

The experience overall teaches you how to learn living far from home and to be responsible for another human life

Former Employee - Au Pair in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Au Pair in New York, NY

I worked at Au Pair in America full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- This experience opened my mind to other cultures, not just the american
    - Teached me how to live with a different family with different rules and different habits.
    - Increased my sense of responsibility since another human being was dependant on my work.
    - Offered me the opportunity to assist to schools that normally would have being very costly to attend
    - Gave me the chance to travel to many places and cities
    - I have met very interesting people, made friends and learn from others situations

Cons

- It is very easy to get misunderstandings with your host family when you don´t have a good communication.
    - It is practically a matter of "good luck" whether you get a nice family since you never know how things can turn out after a while with the family you chose to live with

a way to avoid misunderstandings between the au pair and the family is to have a closer relation between the person responsible of the area with the au pairs to serve as conciliator between this two parties before misunderstandings arise.

There are newer employer reviews for Au Pair in America