Good Experience because I had a great family

Former Employee - Aupair in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Aupair in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AuPairCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My host family were the perfect match for me, making my experience great. My local area manager was very supportive when I had any minor problems, always a phone call away. Additionally, my host family paid more than what Aupair Care recommended and I had alot more benefits than many other aupairs I met- a massive pro for me

Cons

Group get togethers. They were mandatory and generally pretty awful! It was like being at a bad birthday party each and every time! Training in New York! Horid experience

Advice to Management

Dont treat your Aupairs like 7 year olds. I was treated appallingly during our training in New York. I was 25, had put myself through college and lived away from home for 7 years at that point. I didnt appreciate being consistantly yelled at, 'taught' about American culture, having a bedtime and being told 'American toilet systems are superior to those you have in your country...this is how they work here'. We are humans, not aupair animals.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Totally Unprofessional and Completely Disappointed, Inhumane

Current Employee - Academy Instructor in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ
    Current Employee - Academy Instructor in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ

I have been working at AuPairCare part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-working with young, energetic au pairs from around the world and working with a team of Instructors/Trainers that are knowledgeable and eager to help out the participants.

Cons

This is by far the worst place I ever worked. Management needs to take a look at the academy and decide if the people running are really doing the right thing. I have never worked with such an unprofessional and inhumane manager. Directors and Managers speak down to the staff and have an awful way of treating people, the aupairs included.

Advice to Management

Take a good look at what is going on at the academy, you have a very immature manager and director making serious decisons that are going to have long term negative effects on your organization.

2. Good place to get your start but not to grow (HQ review)

Former Employee - Worked At HQ in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Worked At HQ in San Francisco, CA

I worked at AuPairCare

Pros

Every day is interesting and different so you rarely get bored. It can be a fun work environment with company wide events and parties, and there are a lot of young co-workers. The company is very open to change and enjoys hearing ideas from employees on how to better their process. It's a good place to get skill sets to be applied at future jobs (handling elevated customer issues, sales, international relations, government procedure with regards to international exchange).

Cons

Low pay and limited opportunity for growth. There is a lot of turnover at any level below director because the employees can get paid more doing similar work elsewhere. The company would also prefer to keep managers/directors who are unqualified for their jobs or just plain lazy rather than taking a step to make improvements or hire more qualified people. This can be frustrating for those working hard at a lower level, especially when there is no way to move up and that hard work is recognized verbally, but not monetarily or with promotions. There are a lot of angry customers to deal with, but as long as you can get used to it, you don't need to see this is as con necessarily.

Advice to Management

Recognize your quality employees who work hard for the company and pay them accordingly if you want to keep them. Some of the higher ups are coasting, never bother to learn the duties/jobs of the people they manage, push their tasks off to others, or go on facebook or play trivia crack at their desks while the team under them works non stop (I've seen it!).