AuPairCare

There are newer employer reviews for AuPairCare

Good Experience because I had a great family

Former Employee - Aupair in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Aupair in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AuPairCare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My host family were the perfect match for me, making my experience great. My local area manager was very supportive when I had any minor problems, always a phone call away. Additionally, my host family paid more than what Aupair Care recommended and I had alot more benefits than many other aupairs I met- a massive pro for me

Cons

Group get togethers. They were mandatory and generally pretty awful! It was like being at a bad birthday party each and every time!

Training in New York! Horid experience

Dont treat your Aupairs like 7 year olds. I was treated appallingly during our training in New York. I was 25, had put myself through college and lived away from home for 7 years at that point. I didnt appreciate being consistantly yelled at, 'taught' about American culture, having a bedtime and being told 'American toilet systems are superior to those you have in your country...this is how they work here'. We are humans, not aupair animals.

10 Other Employee Reviews for AuPairCare (View Most Recent)

Totally Unprofessional and Completely Disappointed, Inhumane

Current Employee - Academy Instructor in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ
    Current Employee - Academy Instructor in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ

I have been working at AuPairCare part-time (less than an year)

Pros

-working with young, energetic au pairs from around the world and working with a team of Instructors/Trainers that are knowledgeable and eager to help out the participants.

Cons

This is by far the worst place I ever worked. Management needs to take a look at the academy and decide if the people running are really doing the right thing. I have never worked with such an unprofessional and inhumane manager. Directors and Managers speak down to the staff and have an awful way of treating people, the aupairs included.

Take a good look at what is going on at the academy, you have a very immature manager and director making serious decisons that are going to have long term negative effects on your organization.

3.5 years of experience as an aupair

Current Employee - Aupair/Nanny in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Aupair/Nanny in Houston, TX

I have been working at AuPairCare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best thing is to work with children. It varies from age to age and maybe is more than one child to take care of. But if you like children this is the job for you.

Cons

You don't have direct interaction with coworkers because you work alone, but the family that host you, becomes like a second family for you

More pay.