Auction Direct

There are newer employer reviews for Auction Direct

its ok - I learned a few good things

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Victor, NY
Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Victor, NY

I worked at Auction Direct full-time (more than an year)

Pros

hands on training, good team environment in that specific department, decent people to work with. Manager was in tune, calm and not micro-manager and over all a good leader. Earning potential can be good

Cons

hours were crappy. Nights and weekends were mandatory, general manager would humiliate people to make a point. Although that wasn't my department, the hostility and morale in the dealership was depressing. No boundaries with regard to inappropriate conversations and jokes from the sales and service guys. The departments are run very differently, makes it hard to feel comfortable or even want to be "promoted". You don't know what to expect next. Not a long term job for the career minded.

Upper managment needs to be more involved with day to day operations. Be a little more selective on who you hire on your sales team and managers. I saw some of the sleeziest people be highly recognized for a job well done and protected. Downer for those who follow rules and have good ethics.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Auction Direct (View Most Recent)

Worst car sales job you could ever get.

Former Employee - Sales in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Auction Direct

Pros

They are very flexible with schedules and personal issues that arise.

Cons

They have a terrible pay plan and very expensive benefits. Essentially. they give you nothing.

Good sales people are crucial, especially in Buffalo; you must fix your pay plan.

I had a great time working 18 mos. for AUCTION DIRECT -RALEIGH, NC, hip surgery forced me to leave a job I loved.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Auction Direct full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Sr. Sales Mgmt. Is to die for,....Gen. Mgr.'s door ALWAYS OPEN,...Family atmosphere for the most part. Be responsible, do very well,...be irresponsible, be gone! Some extremely talented, gifted, generous in advice and experience to the non-initiated. Gracious disciplinary tactics. Constant sales training, and Sincere Encouragement to be the very best one can possibility be in totality.

Cons

Very long hours, but a very understanding Sr. Mgmt. Team with compassion and empathy for honest, hard-working associates.

Eyeball to eyeball hiring from reliable, verifiable references. No more on-line testing for good sales candidates.

There are newer employer reviews for Auction Direct