its ok - I learned a few good things

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Victor, NY
Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Victor, NY

I worked at Auction Direct full-time (More than a year)

Pros

hands on training, good team environment in that specific department, decent people to work with. Manager was in tune, calm and not micro-manager and over all a good leader. Earning potential can be good

Cons

hours were crappy. Nights and weekends were mandatory, general manager would humiliate people to make a point. Although that wasn't my department, the hostility and morale in the dealership was depressing. No boundaries with regard to inappropriate conversations and jokes from the sales and service guys. The departments are run very differently, makes it hard to feel comfortable or even want to be "promoted". You don't know what to expect next. Not a long term job for the career minded.

Advice to Management

Upper managment needs to be more involved with day to day operations. Be a little more selective on who you hire on your sales team and managers. I saw some of the sleeziest people be highly recognized for a job well done and protected. Downer for those who follow rules and have good ethics.

reviews filtered by

Worst car sales job you could ever get.

Former Employee - Sales in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Auction Direct

Pros

They are very flexible with schedules and personal issues that arise.

Cons

They have a terrible pay plan and very expensive benefits. Essentially. they give you nothing.

Advice to Management

Good sales people are crucial, especially in Buffalo; you must fix your pay plan.

2. I had to perform exceptional customer service with new clients on a daily basis.

Current Employee - Technician in Fort Smith, AR
    Current Employee - Technician in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at Auction Direct

Pros

I was able to meet and talk with new people everyday. It was also a fun working environment, I never dreaded going to work.

Cons

There were some disappointments when everything didn't work out the way it was planned.

Advice to Management

Do more advertising to inform the clients about the products and deals.