There are newer employer reviews for Auction.com, LLC

Auction.com

Former Employee - Director, Marketing  in  Irvine, CA
Former Employee - Director, Marketing in Irvine, CA

I worked at Auction.com, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great co workers, fast growing company

Cons

Antiquated management style, culture of secrecy and distrust

40 Other Employee Reviews for Auction.com, LLC (View Most Recent)

Slowly getting better...but still a ways to go

Current Employee - Director  in  Belmont, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Belmont, CA

I have been working at Auction.com, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unstructured environment means opportunity to broaden skills (but you have to take the initiative yourself, don't expect anyone to give you guidance - you just need to go do it)
    Some great co-workers who are super smart, but generally don't take themselves too seriously
    Recent executive additions (CMO, CFO) are very good and seem to be having a real impact
    Free lunch and well stocked kitchen with lots of snacks
    Overall compensation is better than average for similar sized companies
    Google seems to be having a good impact on the company

Cons

You may not be recognized or compensated for your hard work (depends on what department you're in, and whether or not you're deemed to be a "valuable" employee" which may or may not have any correlation to your actual performance)
    Chaotic environment with lots of change. This in itself isn't such a bad thing (if you're OK working in this kind of environment), but lack of communication makes it hard to know which direction the company is going on any given day so a lot of effort gets wasted.
    Lack of alignment across the organization - lots of silos
    Unless executives learn how to delegate more, the company will never scale

Communicate more (although this is getting better)
    If you really want to be a growth/technology company - then tie everyone's compensation to growth. The company is too siloed and you have executives doing what is best for them, not what is best for the company. Pay people for PERFORMANCE.

Things are getting better

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Belmont, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA

I have been working at Auction.com, LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Q2 Bonus paid out 100%
    Free lunches
    Google Partnership/Investment
    Lots of cool work here in Technology and the team I work on.
    Always busy and working on new things/projects

Cons

Leadership is still concerning - CEO/President, but they are honestly trying to do better and communicate more. Still have a long way to go, but at least some effort is being put forth to trying to correct culture and make employees happier.

Keep trying and actually show you that you care about your employees. They are the most important asset in any company. Not only hiring great people, but keeping them. I have been here for 5 months and my recruiter at the time, Ali, did a phenomenal job of being honest with me and explaining what the company was going through. Ali set expectations with me, was honest, upfront and told me nothing but the truth. None of these reviews are shocking because of that. I am hopeful change for the better will continue and I thank Ali for the good opportunity thus far.

There are newer employer reviews for Auction.com, LLC

Worked for Auction.com, LLC? Contribute to the Community!