Auctiva
www.auctiva.com Chico, CA 50 to 149 Employees

Great place to work for Software Developers

Software Development Manager (Former Employee)
Chico, CA

ProsAbility to work on the latest technology with other very skilled software developers. Very open to change and trying out new ideas. Able to recognize talent and advance quickly if you deserve it. Solid software development practices and departments. Very nice place to work. Very competitive salaries for Northern CA.

ConsWhile I was there, the constant shuffling of teams and projects left something to be desired. Made it a bit hard for a manager to get a core group developers to work together cohesively.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm sure management is different than while I was there - but I would say make sure to take care of your good team leads. Because they are the cornerstone of all the projects, and if they jump ship it's a huge hit to the company.

Great job but not necessarily a great career

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    Chico, CA

I worked at Auctiva full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great opportunity for junior engineers to jump in and contribute. Within a month of joining the company I was given a very large and important… Cons: Senior management isn't interested in employee's ideas. A co-worker of mine had a great idea to provide an innovative and delightful experience to… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to to your employees and practice deep customer empathy.… More

Indecisive Management, Holding on to Old Ideas

Developer (Former Employee)
    Chico, CA

I worked at Auctiva full-time for less than a year

Pros: Very experienced developers / programmers. A ton of knowledge exists… Cons: You don't have any say in to projects and what's going on. Flagship products… Advice to Senior Management: Give developers a bit more say in how things get done.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Auctiva.

Worked for Auctiva? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Auctiva reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Auctiva CEO Jeff Schlicht. All reviews posted anonymously by Auctiva employees.