Audubon Society

The work was rewarding

Current Employee - Program Director
Current Employee - Program Director

I have been working at Audubon Society

Pros

National organization has support network

Cons

Competition among different areas for funding

Be more receptive to state needs and contributions to the organization

20 Other Employee Reviews for Audubon Society (View Most Recent)

If you love birds, but not technology

I have been working at Audubon Society

Pros

If you love birds, the environment, and want to interact with others who do, Audubon is the place. There are a lot of passionate people out in the field who are doing amazing work. The field is where its at at Audubon.

Cons

There are a lot of senior people who have been there a long time and the group could use some fresh ideas and perspectives. Technology (ie web site) is one of Audubon's biggest challenges and they could really stand to streamline their internal systems.

Build your web presence. The web site does not currently have any key word meta tags, which is astonishing. SEO marketing and a well written blog and newsletter could help provide steady stream of content and drive people to the web site.

An amazing organization - tough to leave

Current Employee - Center Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Center Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Audubon Society full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My last seven years with the National Audubon Society have been some of the best of my life. The organization is great and getting better. Salary and benefits have been competitive, retirement match: solid. Holidays and time off rival the best US companies. Audubon has wonderful core values that they strive to adhere to and the organization offers opportunities to be involved in meaningful conservation action. This is my last week at Audubon. I have been very well cared for and will miss the organization on many levels. The team has some of the smartest minds in conservation. Employees are friendly, professional, warm, and have great senses of humor.

Cons

Like many non-profits, an ambitious agenda of important work to accomplish on a tight budget.

I felt time-off policies were above average for most US employers. Work-life balance is a challenge, but I feel this issue is as much internal as it is external. When you are passionate about a cause, your tendency is to give 110%. Comp time policies seem rare today; Audubon has one in place. Office culture (decentralized and probably varied throughout the Audubon network) is young, progressive, innovative, ambitious. I appreciated the focus on environmental conservation wrapped in a culture of productivity and good business.

There are newer employer reviews for Audubon Society