Aunt Marthas Youth Services Center

www.auntmarthas.org
  www.auntmarthas.org
There are newer employer reviews for Aunt Marthas Youth Services Center

Excellent learning experience but dangerous culture

I worked at Aunt Marthas Youth Services Center

Pros

Diverse organization with large scale reach into many different communities across Illinois that offers a great learning environment for staff.

Cons

Senior level management is primarily concerned with PR, external relationships and positioning for the next opportunity so overlooking employees and their perspective is easy to do.

Don't burn out your staff to build a truly wonderful place to work. The productivity and reputation you desire will follow.

17 Other Employee Reviews for Aunt Marthas Youth Services Center (View Most Recent)

Demoralizing

Former Employee - Clinical Staff in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Clinical Staff in Aurora, IL

I worked at Aunt Marthas Youth Services Center (more than an year)

Pros

I had a great supervisor and got great clinical experience

Cons

Their "per encounter" system for patient visits, regardless of length or complexity, encouraged turnstile care, malpractice, and providing phony "care" to every family member in the room to pad billing and productivity numbers

Employees kept who were unethical, unprofessional, dishonest and incompetent provided they could push enough warm bodies through

Thieves literally. I would have my lunch clearly labeled with my name. People would take it, eat half, and put back the rest. I had to keep my kleenex, pens, paper, etc under lock and key

Very anti teamwork, very lord of the flies. Different departments and supervisors would undermine each other.

The facilities were terrible. Very inadequate space and poorly kept. The employee kitchen was always filthy, with bugs, dirty dishes, etc. The bathrooms were like gas station bathrooms. No parking. Employees forced to park on street or in nearby lots all of which had parking meters.

Get a better facility. Study the idea of teamwork. Install security cameras and fire people who steal. Ditch the per encounter system

Unorganized and bad management!

Former Employee - Registration
    Former Employee - Registration

I worked at Aunt Marthas Youth Services Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

What I loved about working at Aunt Martha's are my co-workers. There are very few but great people that work there.

Cons

Management lack of customer service and employee relations. They would humiliate and ridicule employees in front of clients. They don't follow up on tuition reimbursement. They are not ethical.

If management ever read this I hope they understand that we love what we do but would like to be treated with respect.

There are newer employer reviews for Aunt Marthas Youth Services Center