Aureus Medical
aureusmedical.com Omaha, NE 150 to 499 Employees

I worked here as an Internal Employee. Consider other options if you are considering this industry.

Account Manager (Former Employee)
Omaha, NE

Pros-Opportunity for young and inexperienced people in business to develop skills and make an income not often found elsewhere, however this is true with other companies in the same industry. I learned a lot about business development and other aspects both good and bad. I value the experience here but in hindsight would not start over.

Cons-High Turnover- Few new hires actually make it through to 2 years without quitting or being fired to become successful. Maybe 1 in 3 or 1 in 4.
-The red tape set up by the company for compliance actually causes a lot of headaches and problems for Account Managers to a point where you are then fighting to keep Clients happy and external employees happy despite jumping through the internal hoops. Better collaboration of departments (compliance, sales, admin, etc.) could make this job much more sustainable and successful.
-Base Salary does not adjust enough to be commensurate with experience in the job and your performance.
After a couple of years I came to find out that some of my colleagues had been hired for a significantly higher base salary due to more prior work experience despite the fact that I had been told that there was an absolute ceiling on starting salary. All things considered, that is actually fine to value prior work experience, however they were making significantly more in base salary than I was even though I was bringing in a LOT more revenue each month after we had gotten established in the job.. That is truly degrading and makes a person feel like you have had wool pulled over your eyes by an organization that is supposed to care about each employee so much. There are no big jumps in salary after that. They would rather let people walk out the door than show any sort of weakness to make them feel valued. The reality is that the internal employees are treated just like they train them to treat the external (travelers) and try to make as much margin as possible off of them. Everyone is dispensable and will put the next robot in your seat if you don't like it.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour cost of turnover is likely more than it would cost to make people truly feel valued.
Upper management is separated from reality by a wall of communication that stops at middle management.
CEO seems great on the few occasions you actually seem him, but it is hard to tell if he really is not in tune with the morale at lower level due to the disconnect or if he distances himself from it and makes lower level management be the bad guys.

Once a good company to do contract work for-Now, don't even waste time with them.

Contract Employee-healthcare (Former Employee)

I worked at Aureus Medical as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros: At the present time -none. Years ago, you would have the same recruiter/s working with you. And they followed through, placed you and kept in… Cons: As mentioned above-many cons-recruiters call you with so called possible jobs-then when things should be getting in motion to follow through, they… Advice to Senior Management: We realize things are changing in the healthcare industry-but do your best to retain knowledgable and curteous recruiters. The current crew you have now are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good Job and a great place to learn if you are willing to work at a tedious pace.

Account Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Aureus Medical full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - Great commissions - Organized training process - Good overall communication from top to bottom - Rewarding job duties - Great learning opportunities… Cons: - Rigid and lengthy work hours - Expensive and basic benefits - Outdated and old school corporate dress policy - Division Managers are figure heads and do very… Advice to Senior Management: Don't be so loyal to employees just because of their tenure. Get rid of your outdated dress code.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Aureus Medical.

Worked for Aureus Medical? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aureus Medical reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aureus Medical CEO Scot Thompson. All reviews posted anonymously by Aureus Medical employees.