Aureus Medical

www.aureusmedical.com
There are newer employer reviews for Aureus Medical

Best company I've ever worked for

I have been working at Aureus Medical

Pros

I read some reviews, and have never been encouraged to skip lunch or work 10 hour days. I love my coworkers in the office, and my employees out in the field are awesome! No day is ever the same. You do work hard, but the return is great.

Cons

The benefits package could be improved. They are pricey, and maybe not the best out there. Please shop around

Listen to employees about benefits, and flexible schedules.

31 Other Employee Reviews for Aureus Medical (View Most Recent)

I worked here as an Internal Employee. Consider other options if you are considering this industry.

Former Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE

I worked at Aureus Medical full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Opportunity for young and inexperienced people in business to develop skills and make an income not often found elsewhere, however this is true with other companies in the same industry. I learned a lot about business development and other aspects both good and bad. I value the experience here but in hindsight would not start over.

Cons

-High Turnover- Few new hires actually make it through to 2 years without quitting or being fired to become successful. Maybe 1 in 3 or 1 in 4.
    -The red tape set up by the company for compliance actually causes a lot of headaches and problems for Account Managers to a point where you are then fighting to keep Clients happy and external employees happy despite jumping through the internal hoops. Better collaboration of departments (compliance, sales, admin, etc.) could make this job much more sustainable and successful.
    -Base Salary does not adjust enough to be commensurate with experience in the job and your performance.
    After a couple of years I came to find out that some of my colleagues had been hired for a significantly higher base salary due to more prior work experience despite the fact that I had been told that there was an absolute ceiling on starting salary. All things considered, that is actually fine to value prior work experience, however they were making significantly more in base salary than I was even though I was bringing in a LOT more revenue each month after we had gotten established in the job.. That is truly degrading and makes a person feel like you have had wool pulled over your eyes by an organization that is supposed to care about each employee so much. There are no big jumps in salary after that. They would rather let people walk out the door than show any sort of weakness to make them feel valued. The reality is that the internal employees are treated just like they train them to treat the external (travelers) and try to make as much margin as possible off of them. Everyone is dispensable and will put the next robot in your seat if you don't like it.

Your cost of turnover is likely more than it would cost to make people truly feel valued.
    Upper management is separated from reality by a wall of communication that stops at middle management.
    CEO seems great on the few occasions you actually seem him, but it is hard to tell if he really is not in tune with the morale at lower level due to the disconnect or if he distances himself from it and makes lower level management be the bad guys.

Once a good company to do contract work for-Now, don't even waste time with them.

Former Employee - Contract Employee-healthcare in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Contract Employee-healthcare in Omaha, NE

I worked at Aureus Medical as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

At the present time -none. Years ago, you would have the same recruiter/s working with you. And they followed through, placed you and kept in contact while you were on an assignment and paid as promised.
    Within last 5 years there seems to be some type of revolving door, with totally incompetent people who will call you endlessly about a "hot" job, to only find out, it never existed in the first place. I believe they have some sort of quota of phone calls to meet weekly. The current people in place are incredibly clueless.

Cons

As mentioned above-many cons-recruiters call you with so called possible jobs-then when things should be getting in motion to follow through, they fail to call you back and by the time you do hear from them, that "job" was already filled. Utter waste of time.

We realize things are changing in the healthcare industry-but do your best to retain knowledgable and curteous recruiters. The current crew you have now are horrible. Don't waste peoples' time by advertising non-existent positions-this just happened again this week- position listed on Indeed.com and was emailed from the company itself, yet the female recruiter could not find listing anywhere in her system. Pathetic.

There are newer employer reviews for Aureus Medical