Aurora Bank FSB

www.aurorabankfsb.com

Full of growth and opportunity, but not without fault.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

For entry level positions, their pay scale is competitive and their PFP (pay for performance) incentives are nice. They do not have huge bonuses, but the higher than normal base pay seems to compensate well. Moving into more professional positions or supervisory positions is nice as well. I have been promoted twice since arriving. The pay increase is not as much as you would hope with each subsequent level of employment in the mid range, but the upper-mid range employees do well.

The pay-grades are divided into quartiles, and those for individual contributors can have room to move up between 7 - 16 k depending on pay-grade, experience, and past performance. The majority of all advancement in the company is based in previous performance.

Cons

The metrics for PFP bonuses for agents are often truly impossible to max out. The entry-level performance review metrics look as if they skew reviews toward the middle, benefitting poorly performing employees and not helping the high-performers. The business ops department has been a pleasure to work in. Uncertainty surrounding the Lehman BK settlement leaves the future of employees uncertain. While they will likely remain in place, the uncertainty has put a strain on temperament at the moment.

Re-evaluate PFP metrics and present more information about the ongoing Lehman settlement. Also, put your faces in front of the entry level employees more.

Other reviews for Aurora Bank FSB

Unhappy place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lake Forest, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA

Pros

I had a good boss who was flexible with my schedule and liked to share company info.

Cons

That place is a sinking ship. Upper management is dishonest and deceitful. Raises and bonuses are a joke. Most people in supervisory positions have no business being there.

Treat your employees better.

Don't waste your time working here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Littleton, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Pros

The management in my department is very flexible with work schedules. Salary and benefits are competitive.

Cons

The overall morale of most of the employees is very low. Everyone seems so overwhelmed with work, no one seems to be able to answer even simple questions. Either the questions are not answered at all or it takes weeks for a reply. There doesn't seem to be any strong infrastructure or formal protocols to the entire company. Everything is being done by the "seat of their pants". Corners are being cut everywhere. I'm surprised they are actually able to function, but I'm very sure they would fail any type of serious external audit. Management in my department does not dedicate any time in training new employees. You are just suppose to magically learn and absorb everything by doing your day to day activities. Most of my Cons comments refers to the entire company and not just the department which I work in.

If management can address and fix even half of the issues I mention in my Cons section, it would improve the work environment and AB.

There are newer employer reviews for Aurora Bank FSB.

Worked for Aurora Bank FSB? Contribute to the Community!