Aurum Bankcard
aurumbankcard.com Phoenix, AZ 16 to 50 Employees

Great place to learn Merchant Banking, Owner is a Genius!

Account Analyst (Former Employee)
Costa Mesa, CA

ProsAurum Bankcard is a very fast paced environment. Sales reps make a great salary if they can make it through a very intense training program. The VP of Sales will teach you the industry, but if you can’t close a deal in the first three weeks, you will be asked to be an independent representative. In other words, they will not spend marketing dollars on sales reps that cannot close a deal.

ConsThe company weighs compensation on performance too heavily. Only the super stars make 6 figure salaries. Even our telemarketers make upwards of $15 per hour which is better than some of the sales reps who are not closing deals. Aurum also believes in re-training and re-training and re-training, did I mention re-training. When sales reps can’t close a deal after 15 attempts, the company forces you to get re-trained.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf I were in Management, I would lower the pay of the top performers and give a little of that compensation to lower performers. Some of the lower performers have families too and just because they can’t close deals doesn’t mean they should get paid any less. Also, the owner should not drive up in his Ferrari or Bentley, it makes everyone mad that he can spend that much money on his self while he will only pay 75% of our health benefits. Most companies like IBM, or Dell or Bank of America pay 100% of their employees benefits. Take a lesson from those CEO’s Mr. Cargal, you never see them wasting company money on luxury cars.

What's it like to work at an innovative credit card processor?

Withheld (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Aurum Bankcard

Pros: Startup company trying very hard to get their package/market right. Atmosphere is congenial and fair,… Cons: Negative events (cash flow problems) are held closely even if… Advice to Senior Management: Listen more to your employees who say they want different… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Aurum Bankcard.

Worked for Aurum Bankcard? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aurum Bankcard reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aurum Bankcard CEO John Cargal. All reviews posted anonymously by Aurum Bankcard employees.