There are newer employer reviews for Ausenco

Great employees... but a sinking ship.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Ausenco full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Great compensation
- Have had exciting projects
- Good mix of motivated employees.
- 9 day fortnight flexible work system.

Have worked on a few great projects since joining Ausenco, and I was quite happy with the compensation offered on joining, and the incremental raises since.

Cons

- Clear division between each business group in same office
- Too many mid-level managers
- Managers with no technical advice/input, that are in a technical role.

Ausenco could be a great company, but they haven't won any new work (of a notable size) in the last 2 years. There are too many mid-level managers from when Ausenco took over Sandwell, and most of the them are redundant. There are managers in technical roles who provide absolutely no techanical input/mentorship.

Streamline the office in terms of management strategy. Take a good hard look at the managers in their current roles and decide if they are suitable.

53 Other Employee Reviews for Ausenco (View Most Recent)

A true fairytale in the making

Former Employee - Administrative in Brisbane (Australia)
    Former Employee - Administrative in Brisbane (Australia)

I worked at Ausenco full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pros? - if I could think of any I would put them down. There are none as far as I am concerned and after being here for 3 years I am still waiting on something positive!

Cons

No training - or the most minimal and basic if at all. Remember I have been here for 3 years and am still waiting to have my first work place review and assessment?
    No real affirmation to work/s well done, but plenty of criticism for things not done to satisfaction or time.
    If your father works here - then you are set until you die of old age. Nepotism runs riot in this company and management are the worst offenders.
    Level 5 is the fairytale castle, there is gold key access only. A large case of wannabes if they could be's.
    The CEO has no idea what these imbeciles are doing to his company - but then again if he really cared he would be asking a lot of questions.
    Several different rules to be regulated by - depends who you are as to which one applies.
    Many redundancies and terminations at the drop of a hat, only to see groups of new employees with new job descriptions? A common problem over the 3 years I have been here.
    Bullying is rife! Don't expect to have this company stand by you if you are bullied and you make it known - you will be sacked as quick as look at you and the bully will keep their job.
    There are no such words in the Ausenco vocabulary that are or mean Fair, Equitable, Value or Transparent.

Upper management - the goons who live in the castle. They have no idea on what is happening on the lower levels. As has been mentioned by the lowlife workers if you want to have a healthy tree, don't cut out the roots and tunk and expect to keep your beautiful green canopy intact. Sitting in a penthouse looking down is nothing like the real world who have to look up!
    To the CEO - grow some balls and start the culling process from the top not the bottom.

Dumbfounded

I worked at Ausenco as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The building and the company logo. I can't think of much else to be completely honest however I did meet some nice people during my time there.

Cons

There is no support from any level of management. The HR and Payroll departments are incompetent and I had to fight to be paid correctly as per my contract.

Get in touch with your teams and start supporting them. My example being that during the one year, I only spoke to my alleged manager once and that was at my employment interview...

There are newer employer reviews for Ausenco