Austin Commercial

www.austin-ind.com

Rewarding long term personal investment of time and experience.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Most of the employee's have several years with the company. Employee owned, profit sharing, fair retirement plan with minimum matching contribution.

Cons

Upper mangement is not consistent in policies and practices. Pet employee protection if under a regional managers umbrella. Accountability needs to be from the top down.

With the economic downward spiral, overwhelming number of employee's lost their jobs due to the "right sizing" of the company. There is far too much overhead being carried in the upper management. Forced retirement packages should have established early on. None have been implemented to date..

Other reviews for Austin Commercial

Very Unprofessional

Former Employee - Accountant
    Former Employee - Accountant

Pros

Great co-workers and team work among staff. Good culture due to staff working together.

Cons

No loyalty to employees.
    No Union representation and no employee rights.

Be fair to employees. I received all excellent reviews and then one day I was paged on the intercom to come to the office and then laid off! No explanation was given and it was a very depressing experience.
    Truly unbelievable. Very poor employee relations.
    After working so hard I was shocked. If they had a Union at least I would have had a chance to voice my viewpoint.

Watch out for lies

Former Employee - Office Engineer  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Office Engineer in Dallas, TX

Pros

The pay and benefits I felt were with in average. If you are in the ivy tower things were pretty nice but in the field office it really depended on your PM. Some of them were great others they played very much the college good old boys (aka if you did not go to the same school they did not care to much about you)
    The subs are pretty nice to deal with though some times demanding. For the most part they are pretty willing to help you learn and work with you.

Cons

Upper management plays way to much politics and tells you how to vote. During the 2008 election we were told to vote for GOP and dems were trying to screw us all. The main office has very little clue about a lot of stuff that goes on in the field.

Also do not buy the entire part dealing with oh jobs are fine and we are doing great. They made those same promises and the next week they did massive rounds of lay offs.

There is very little work life balance. They expect you to do stuff at a drop of a hate and work late no matter what you have going on at home.

It is commercial construction so it has booms and bust. Things change very quickly and it is not stable.
    You bonus get slammed by poor management decision up top costing the company millions.

Be more honest with your employees do not lie. Pay attention to what is going on in the field. Do not get in to politics and tell your employees how to vote.

There are newer employer reviews for Austin Commercial.

Worked for Austin Commercial? Contribute to the Community!