Austin Communication Group

www.austincommunicationgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for Austin Communication Group

Whole Development

Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Austin Communication Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pros and cons are all about perspective, and the mental fortitude to be able to change perspective is what this job is about. I work business to business sales, and I honestly love the whole concept. Aside from the fact that this is about professional development, personal development is where everything begins, and it is at the forefront of every day out in the field as well as in our morning meetings and atmosphere. The office culture is electric, upbeat, encouraging, and inspiring...I work with a crew that has my back through everything. How many people can say that about their job? They are building leaders, empowering individuals to become effective and resilient decision makers, and you are fully aware of the sincerity of that mission every morning when you walk in. I have learned my strengths and how to hone them to be effective with others, as well as my weaknesses and how to overcome them. Selling a product is just a way to chisel those features into stone...we are not your average salespeople.

Fantastic growth opportunity. Endless earning potential. Unfathomable experience while interacting with people out in the field. Professional and efficient mentoring.

Cons

I don't look at things as cons...every seemingly negative situation can be turned into a great learning opportunity to grow as an individual with the right attitude.

Some people aren't big on the hours; I say you get out of life what you put in, and I'm investing in my future right now so I can enjoy life when I am older.

Some people don't like the idea of door to door sales; yet I have met some of the most amazing human beings from just being genuine about helping them and treating them like people, not a number. Plus, networking within your local sphere is always wise as an aspiring entrepreneur.

Some people don't have the work ethic and integrity for feet-to-pavement commission-based sales; but if you have the drive required, you can make fantastic commission payouts - I know this from experience.

Perspective. Life is beautiful when you change it.

Keep up the awesome atmosphere and encouraging leadership. Our b2b crew is going to skyrocket this year!

40 Other Employee Reviews for Austin Communication Group (View Most Recent)

Hands on experience in direct marketing and leadership development

Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Austin Communication Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This company allowed me to enhance my interpersonal communication skills as a foundation for leadership and managerial development. I experienced all aspects of direct marketing and sales all awhile learning how to recruit, train, and manage a team of my own. The growth within the company is all within and achieved at your own pace. Opportunities present themselves to all those who are willing to work hard.

Cons

You must be willing to accept challenges and put in a full-days effort.

A business for people with above-average inspirations

Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Austin Communication Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lots of life lessons, personal development, and great coaching. It's a management training program.
    Never boring, never a dull moment. Every day is a mental adventure.
    This career has made me a smarter, tougher, and more collective person. I've learned a lot about myself here.
    You WILL get better career opportunities if you work harder than others
    A metaphor: If you have the mentality of going to the gym rather then sitting on the couch, this is a career for you

Cons

Not a career for people looking for hand-outs, mindless work, or the easy road through life
    Some people will feel too entitled to commit, or "too good" for the hard work necessary for the business
    Not for people who have self-limiting beliefs: self-confidence is necessary to succeed.
    A metaphor: If you'd rather sit on the couch then go to the gym, this is not the career for you

There are newer employer reviews for Austin Communication Group