Austin Communication Group

There are newer employer reviews for Austin Communication Group

Rewarding Challenge

Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Austin Communication Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The work environment is fantastic. I came in as a new graduate and they were willing to teach me how to communicate better not only at work but also in regards to my personal life!

The people genuinely liked to spend time together outside of the office and they helped me step outside my comfort zone with "team nights". They genuinely care and are all funny and entertaining to be around.

I had the opportunity to earn more and be self-reliant. I stunned my family in my abilities and was able to grow in the business world, even when my major had NOTHING to do with sales, business, or marketing and had NO experience in management.

Cons

You have to bring your "A-game" everyday and, even when you feel sluggish, they are going to demand you to be the best version of yourself everyday.

You're constantly pushing your comfort zone (in the best way possible) so you're constantly a little uncomfortable.

35 Other Employee Reviews for Austin Communication Group (View Most Recent)

Whole Development

Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Austin Communication Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pros and cons are all about perspective, and the mental fortitude to be able to change perspective is what this job is about. I work business to business sales, and I honestly love the whole concept. Aside from the fact that this is about professional development, personal development is where everything begins, and it is at the forefront of every day out in the field as well as in our morning meetings and atmosphere. The office culture is electric, upbeat, encouraging, and inspiring...I work with a crew that has my back through everything. How many people can say that about their job? They are building leaders, empowering individuals to become effective and resilient decision makers, and you are fully aware of the sincerity of that mission every morning when you walk in. I have learned my strengths and how to hone them to be effective with others, as well as my weaknesses and how to overcome them. Selling a product is just a way to chisel those features into stone...we are not your average salespeople.

Fantastic growth opportunity. Endless earning potential. Unfathomable experience while interacting with people out in the field. Professional and efficient mentoring.

Cons

I don't look at things as cons...every seemingly negative situation can be turned into a great learning opportunity to grow as an individual with the right attitude.

Some people aren't big on the hours; I say you get out of life what you put in, and I'm investing in my future right now so I can enjoy life when I am older.

Some people don't like the idea of door to door sales; yet I have met some of the most amazing human beings from just being genuine about helping them and treating them like people, not a number. Plus, networking within your local sphere is always wise as an aspiring entrepreneur.

Some people don't have the work ethic and integrity for feet-to-pavement commission-based sales; but if you have the drive required, you can make fantastic commission payouts - I know this from experience.

Perspective. Life is beautiful when you change it.

Keep up the awesome atmosphere and encouraging leadership. Our b2b crew is going to skyrocket this year!

Learning more than I could have imagined while having hands on approach in sales and marketing.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Austin Communication Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoy working with ACG because you ALWAYS have someone behind you pushing to make you a better leader and/or mentor. I've always wanted a job that acknowledges when I do an awesome job.

Cons

Challenges while working with ACG is consistently having the feeling of being uncomfortable. They push their employees to grow and develop (at a reasonable pace) which may come at a shock for some people. Also, they expect you to work hard and put in long hours, which is understandable if you want to succeed in life.

Management does a great job by always being there for their guys. It is great to know you are making a difference and your not just a number in a business.

There are newer employer reviews for Austin Communication Group