Austin Focus

There are newer employer reviews for Austin Focus

DONT!!!!

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Austin Focus full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They do provide a positive environment for employees in the AM meeting and people are nice.

Cons

-You work 8:30 - 9 PM at times...LONG HOURS/DAYS!

-TERRIBLE PAY...You work your butt off for nearly nothing.

-Your job is to stand in a Sam's club all day and try to sell people the things like pizza, hair straighteners, and pirogues. Basically based on 100% commission.

***This is by far the worst idea I have ever attempted...please don't bother with this company***

11 Other Employee Reviews for Austin Focus (View Most Recent)

Don't Bother with this 100% commission Job!!

Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Austin Focus full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They will hire anyone, mostly on the spot after their 2 part interview process.

Cons

This company is a sales company that pays 100% commission but promises you a FAKE hourly guarantee. I worked at Austin Focus and Infinity One Marketing for several months. (The are the same company.) They change their name every few months to get new recruits. We started out selling Speakers in Sam's Club and then switched to Whip it. These are not Fortune 500 companies.If you like pushing products on people trying to buy groceries then this is the job for you. Don't believe the story of all the Managers and Business owners they create. The last manager quit because they were expecting her to work 90 hours a week. My last complaint is they expect you to drive to Waco and San Antonio every week. I ate up my whole $350 check in gas!!

Be upfront with your applicants about the pay and the "Benefits"

Great opportunity

Current Employee - Marketing in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing in Austin, TX

I have been working at Austin Focus full-time

Pros

Overall very positive and fun group of people. This position defiantly teaches the value of hard work and how it pays off. Someone can very easily gain a ton of experience with marketing and communication skills here. The compensation is based on how hard someone works. So if someone is questioning their work ethic, probably not the right place for them. As far as the opportunity, its refreshing to see such young people achieving their goals every day. I'm a little bit older and I've had several corporate positions before with not nearly the growth opportunities. I've seen people move from an EL position into a management position. Its also nice to work with such motivated people.

Cons

Position not for everyone. If someone is not willing/scared to put in hard work up front for the payout in the end, probably not the right place for you. Does involve long hours up front and occasional volunteering for things, its a job, what do you expect. If you feel like you can't stand and have a positive attitude, need not apply. As far as the time frame to get to the management role, its not always 6-9 moths like they say. I might be longer.

Lead by example