DONT!!!!

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Austin Focus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They do provide a positive environment for employees in the AM meeting and people are nice.

Cons

-You work 8:30 - 9 PM at times...LONG HOURS/DAYS!

-TERRIBLE PAY...You work your butt off for nearly nothing.

-Your job is to stand in a Sam's club all day and try to sell people the things like pizza, hair straighteners, and pirogues. Basically based on 100% commission.

***This is by far the worst idea I have ever attempted...please don't bother with this company***

reviews filtered by

Don't Bother with this 100% commission Job!!

Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Austin Focus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They will hire anyone, mostly on the spot after their 2 part interview process.

Cons

This company is a sales company that pays 100% commission but promises you a FAKE hourly guarantee. I worked at Austin Focus and Infinity One Marketing for several months. (The are the same company.) They change their name every few months to get new recruits. We started out selling Speakers in Sam's Club and then switched to Whip it. These are not Fortune 500 companies.If you like pushing products on people trying to buy groceries then this is the job for you. Don't believe the story of all the Managers and Business owners they create. The last manager quit because they were expecting her to work 90 hours a week. My last complaint is they expect you to drive to Waco and San Antonio every week. I ate up my whole $350 check in gas!!

Advice to Management

Be upfront with your applicants about the pay and the "Benefits"

Tons of passion here

Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Austin Focus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team really does care about each other's growth and development here. The team is always willing to go above and beyond to help for anyone...anytime!! I have never seen that in a company. My favorite part was being able to see the fruits of my labor once I was able to apply feedback. I was looking for a real team environment because the last thing I wanted was to sit at a desk all day so this was the hands on experience I NEEDED and was looking for.

Cons

Obviously this is hard work. That shouldn't really be a surprise to anyone as they are pretty open about that during the interview process. A lot of people complain about hard work so that might be a challenge for some.
    I've never come across anything that is worth fighting for that isn't hard work though....

Advice to Management

You are seriously so much fun and we appreciate your enthusiasm :) Your honesty is pretty refreshing.
    I've never had a boss that actually took the time to get to know me or my goals before.