Austin ISD

www.austinisd.org

Educated again at Austin ISD and the lessons learned

Database Administrator (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThe work-life balance is great at Austin ISD, maybe too great! The total amount of time off amounts to almost 3 full months of total time off (including all holidays and PTO). Benefits for just the employee covered. The workload is extremely managable. The culture is open and friendly, with many pot luck lunches. The main administration buildings are in downtown Austin, which made my commute very easy and afforded many opportunities of the thriving downtown, such as Whole Foods, Sweetish Hill, Z' Tejas, and many others.

ConsIT employees are 12 month employees, meaning no summers off. Salaries are definitely less than in the corporate industry. There really is no room for professional growth here, but if you want a job that you just coast at this could be the one. There is a lack of accountability which tends to affect productivity, but since we are all just trying to get by, good enough becomes the norm. And the worst is the politics between administration and teachers, but that's another review for another time.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart with yourselves! Each department is not a silo. And just because two department heads do not like each other or get along, that should not be imposed on the whole district. Find a way to abstract the politics away from running a lean, mean, education machine.

great people, good benefits, good work environment, never boring

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

I have been working at Austin ISD

Pros: vacation days and holidays awesome friendly people decent compensation Cons: not compensated as well as private sector Advice to Senior Management: top management gives little attention/advice from technology experts about major… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

My overall experience has been good

Teacher (Current Employee) Austin, TX

I have been working at Austin ISD

Pros: Get to work with a lot good young adults Faculty is… Cons: Salary is poor, for the work teachers do during the… More

There are newer reviews on Austin ISD.

Worked for Austin ISD? Contribute to the Community!