Austin Industries

www.austin-ind.com
  www.austin-ind.com
There are newer employer reviews for Austin Industries

Solid company with a history of innovating and being employee-focused.

Former Employee - Project Manager
Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Austin Industries full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Deep bench in field personnel, and project management.
Employee Stock Ownership.
Employee focused.
Integrity.

Cons

Sometimes, in the current era, overly focused on revenue and profit, at the expense of being customer-focused.
At times, it has been difficult to advance your career at Austin (in part due to the deep bench pro listed above).

Focus on customer satisfaction, and return to the company's rich history of innovating.

14 Other Employee Reviews for Austin Industries (View Most Recent)

Great Company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Austin Industries

Pros

I can't imagine working for a better company than Austin. This company truly embodies the true spirit of employee owenership.

Cons

Senior Management have been here for years on end. It takes some time to get some upward movement within the company, but well worth the way.

Speak more openly to the employees about plans for career growth - be honest & open about opportunities, or lack thereof.

Austin will be a great company for another 100 years

Former Employee - Management in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Management in Dallas, TX

I worked at Austin Industries

Pros

Austin is an ethical company in a tough industry. The never take short cuts or give their clients less than they pay for. Austin is employee owned which gives it a huge advantage over public companies. They don't have to chase performance every quarter and can actually make decisions based on what is best in the long run. They are an open shop which makes them more price competitive. They are able to retain their best people by shifting them to the various projects in backlog. The management team is very experienced and has lived through the bad times with grace and dignity.

Cons

The only down side of working for Austin was upward mobility. While it is a relatively large construction company, the corporate staff is pretty small so there aren't many positions in the first place. Given the significant tenure of the team it was hard to move up very far. There was nothing really wrong with that because the people above me were very compitent. I simply didn't see any upward mobility for many years to come and given that I was realatively early in my career (I worked there for 10 years between ages 20-29) I just reached a point where I needed to leave in order to grow.

You guys are awesome, but watch out for succesion planning.

There are newer employer reviews for Austin Industries