Author Solutions
www.authorsolutions.com Bloomington, IN 1000 to 5000 Employees

The rapid growth of the company is worth a few hiccups.

Publishing Consultant (Current Employee)
Fort Mitchell, KY

I have been working at Author Solutions full-time for less than a year

ProsThe company is obviously doing well because it is opening a whole new office to accommodate its growth. The job is very fast paced and because it is inside sales, the customers who you are talking to are very interested in your product. The benefits are good and the commission structure can be very lucrative. Also almost all of middle management was promoted from within, which bodes well for career advancement.

ConsThis is a face paced sales job which is not for everyone. You need to be able to learn new things on the fly and be extremely flexible when overcoming obstacles. If you can handle these things, you'll do well, but if not it may not be for you. In fairness, there is a ramp up period of three months to allow the consultants to get things figured out.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are aware of the growing pains of opening a new office and they are actively addressing them. I would encourage them to keep that up.

AuthorSolutions Inc. work environment

Book Designer (Former Employee)
Bloomington, IN

I worked at Author Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: As a vanity press, AuthorSolutions clients are interesting, unique and varied. A dedicated… Cons: Being owned by a private equity corporation, treatment of employees and client satisfaction are AuthorSolutions lowest priorities. The wages are low and the benefits are… Advice to Senior Management: Management needs to listen to employees advice on production processes, treat them with respect and be available when… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Bait and switch low life immoral narcissistic management!

Publishing Consultant (Former Employee)
Fort Mitchell, KY

I worked at Author Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros: Initially, the illusion of working for a large publishing firm… Cons: Aside from the pay being significantly under normal expectations, shortly after starting to work there, they had the gall to actually pull a bait and… Advice to Senior Management: Seek therapy immediately for your collective narcissistic, egomaniacal, money grubbing… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Author Solutions.

Worked for Author Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Author Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Author Solutions CEO Andrew Phillips. All reviews posted anonymously by Author Solutions employees.