There are newer employer reviews for Auto Club of Southern California

Stable Company with opportunity for growth

Current Employee - Sales Agent  in  Costa Mesa, CA
Current Employee - Sales Agent in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Auto Club of Southern California full-time for more than a year

Pros

Plenty of opportunity for growth and advancement

Cons

Work loads increase for efficient employees

Work Life balance is important to people

152 Other Employee Reviews for Auto Club of Southern California (View Most Recent)

Don't apply unless you have previous experience as a used car salesman.

I worked at Auto Club of Southern California

Pros

You will receive a decent starting wage. They will send you to a training center several times to learn to do your job. You will most likely meet some friendly co-workers.

Cons

There was pushy management that clearly valued sales over member satisfaction, but hid this reality behind the term "five diamond service." I was pressured by management to use aggressive and manipulative tactics in order to make even more sales. There was not a whole lot of room for growth as management tended to be hired from the outside. The work was generally very boring and routine.

When I go into an establishment wherein the employees are forcibly trying to push cheap trinkets down my throat in exchange for a conversion, I typically do not want to return. Focus more on the member's experience rather than making it all about sales. Promote more people from the inside.

Claims Adjusters were given unrealistic workload.

Former Employee - Claims Representative I  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Claims Representative I in San Diego, CA

I worked at Auto Club of Southern California full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really great co-workers. Team managers all seemed to be reasonable people. Competitive salary with very good benefits. Potential for raises and bonuses. Good amount of training before given any real responsibilities.

Cons

Given unrealistic number of claims per day. Overtime pay was cut because too many adjusters were working overtime due to the workload, so you basically had the option of working for free or being completely overloaded during your scheduled hours. Certain policies and procedures were put into place that should have been more carefully evaluated and implemented by upper management (For example, a new accident record tracking system required that the same information be entered multiple times in different places, which required navigating to a different screen within an application, or completely exiting the application entirely. Their system could only have one of the secure windows open at once, so it was very time consuming to back out and go back in or to copy info by hand before going into the other application). Constant evaluations through customer surveys gave added pressure, especially considering that the satisfaction with a repair could affect your overall rating, when adjusters have absolutely nothing to do with the body shops quality of work. Additionally, estimators that I knew had more stops in a day and estimates to write than they could keep up with. Essentially, the upper management who set the policies were out of touch with the work of the adjusters, and middle and lower management elected to push adjusters harder to meet goals, as opposed to providing realistic feedback to upper management.

When goals are not being met, or are barely being met, it is a sign of there being an issue. Management pushing employees harder can only get you so much result. Eventually you need to listen to your team managers, and allow them to give honest feedback. My claims office in a major city was understaffed and a friend of mine who worked in another major city had the same experience as me and made the same observations. You were maintaining staffing numbers and workload at a level where goals could just barely be met, while minimizing staff size and cost. This policy wore really hard on a lot of your employees, including career employees who had been with you for decades.

There are newer employer reviews for Auto Club of Southern California

Worked for Auto Club of Southern California? Contribute to the Community!