Auto Club of Southern California

www.calif.aaa.com
There are newer employer reviews for Auto Club of Southern California

Auto Club: Back to the Past- 30 years behind the times....

Current Employee - Professional in Costa Mesa, CA
Current Employee - Professional in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Auto Club of Southern California

Pros

stable financially coupled with conservative management means that they don't take unnecessary risks, coupled with being in industries (motor club and insurance) that are as recession proof as possible makes this as stable of a job, outside of certain govt positions, that one is likely to find. There are many good employees throughout the company.

Cons

Very outdated management attitudes; full business dress required 100% of time; poor vacation and sick time (2 weeks until after 5 years, and only 5 sick days a year that if not used are lost); senior management resides in a barricaded and glass enclosed area which they don't venture out of- extreme ivory tower affect; command and control dynamic w/ Sr. Mgmt making all decisions w/o any real input from employees. Technology is decades behind the times in many parts of the company. Bit of a BSD attitude from Sr. Mgmt.. Culture of fear at Sr. Mgmt level permeates rest of company.

Get out of your velvet cages and speak to your employees.

177 Other Employee Reviews for Auto Club of Southern California (View Most Recent)

"In this economy, this is the company to work for"

Current Employee - Life Agent in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Life Agent in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Auto Club of Southern California

Pros

Pension, 401k, ride share credits, very competitive salary package, great chance for advancement, friendly work environment, conservative approach to investment, low risk taking management, great health insurance, too many other things to list. Great Vacations every quarter, too many leads and not enough time to follow up, when I call people they don't hang up, like when I worked at other insurance companies,

Cons

This place is not for whiners and losers, if you are the kind of person who wants to make money with below minimum effort, then you should get a government job, this is a progressive organization.

Thank you for your conservative approach and great stewardship, this is the reason why you have lasted over a 110 years, otherwise we would be like Washington Mutual, Wachovia, AIG, Enron, GM, Chrysler, Bear Stearns, and too many to name. Please stay the course and thanks for the bonuses, my family prays for our success!

Good place to work at overall.

Current Employee - Field Sales Agent in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Field Sales Agent in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Auto Club of Southern California

Pros

There is definetly a lot of help to succeed from management if you realy want to, how ever if you don't like sale this isnt a good job. Unlike most sales jobs, working at AAA as sales agent is a little bit diferent... members come in to the office all day asking for quotes for auto, home, pup, life and many other products all you have to do is sale them what they came in for. Overall good place to work, but like any other company they can improve in certain areas. Good morals is a must to work here, although once in a while what we call in sales a "shark" or "snake" sneaks in, meaning they steal clients from others, and dont care what they sale as long as it benefits them.

Cons

High Pressure to meet sales goals on a weekly,monthly,quarterly,semi annually, and annually basis. This is a very much "what have you done for me lately" type of job, meaning no matter how good of a month you had last month you better beat it or atleast match it this month or you in trouble.

Managment needs to realize that we are in a recession and sales goals aren't very easly attainable when people simply just dont have money and cant afford it.

There are newer employer reviews for Auto Club of Southern California