There are newer employer reviews for Auto Club of Southern California

If you have a choice, don't make it this place.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Auto Club of Southern California full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best part of my day is getting to go home when I've put in my 8 hours. Most people leave me alone. There's usually an annual bonus, but there are limitations on who's eligible. It's nice to have that little something though, but 80 is the new 100.

Cons

That 8 hours? They'll hold you to it. Don't try to take a break unless you plan to make it up on the back end. The whole place is powered by a massive cult of personality. The executives have a sycophantic reverence to the former CEO, who still resides as the Board Chairman. On any given day, you more or less have the autonomy to do as you're told. There is a massive vacuum of leadership because most of the managers have been beaten into submission or were hired because they would tow the line. Don't expect much support. Do your job and you'll likely get 80% of your bonus for doing 100% of your work.

Advice to Management

Grow a spine. Stand up for your people. Treat us fairly. Enough with the busy work already!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Only work here if you've gotten a lobotomy

I have been working at Auto Club of Southern California full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's really hard to get fired, as represented by the high volume of incompetent people that work here.

Cons

Outdated technology Upper management is clueless Treats employees horribly For bonuses if you get "achieves" on your goals the max you get is 80% No real training, or room for growth

Advice to Management

Quit.

Run away. This is not a company you want to be at.

Former Employee - Software Programmer in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Software Programmer in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Auto Club of Southern California full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

1.) This company will probably be around a while, because they are an insurance company - they just collect the spread and sit back on pooled cash. 2.) Non-management workers carry this company on their backs and are the only positives of working for this company. Great people.

Cons

1.) Disrespectful, ignorant, short sighted managers make this a miserable company to work for. They're fearful and they' will run YOU over to to save their own skins. 2.) The company's "Technology Infrastructure" is a joke. They barely spend any money on critical equipment, because their ignorant management tells themselves that they're not a technology company; however, once the technology breaks they humorously will run around screaming like children and point fingers and lay blame on the people who were pushing for change and trying to make things better. 3.) Upper management plans to move much of their administrative infrastructure to Dallas, Texas; however, they will probably lie to their employees in Costa Mesa that this isn't happening. It is. 10 years ago, they lied the same way to their staff when one of the departments was outsourced to a vendor. Employees who believe the lies and stick around will probably face a "surprise" and short notice layoff once Dallas is up and fully operational. People in Costa Mesa AO's days are numbered. Please be prepared. Understand that this is an "old boy's club" and an insulated company. You will not find true career advancement here, you will not receive respect or honesty here, you are not appreciated at this company. If you've found yourself at this company, and are still young and energetic, I can only give this advice: Get out of here. Make your mark in the world somewhere else. Do something worthwhile with your life. This is a place people go to rot.

Advice to Management

I don't know what I could say to these people. They are so completely delusional, conceited, and so far removed from reality that nothing will get through to them other than replacing them completely; but that won't happen. They rigged it so that this company is no longer member owned, but is ruled by an oligarchy of spineless and brainless shrews. We're talking about people who are so narcissistic that they have their lunches brought to them privately on silver platters, have drivers and armed security, and pretend as if they're European royalty. It is both hilarious and sad.