Auto Club of Southern California

www.calif.aaa.com
  www.calif.aaa.com
There are newer employer reviews for Auto Club of Southern California

If you have a choice, don't make it this place.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Auto Club of Southern California full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The best part of my day is getting to go home when I've put in my 8 hours. Most people leave me alone.

There's usually an annual bonus, but there are limitations on who's eligible. It's nice to have that little something though, but 80 is the new 100.

Cons

That 8 hours? They'll hold you to it. Don't try to take a break unless you plan to make it up on the back end.

The whole place is powered by a massive cult of personality. The executives have a sycophantic reverence to the former CEO, who still resides as the Board Chairman.

On any given day, you more or less have the autonomy to do as you're told.

There is a massive vacuum of leadership because most of the managers have been beaten into submission or were hired because they would tow the line. Don't expect much support.

Do your job and you'll likely get 80% of your bonus for doing 100% of your work.

Grow a spine. Stand up for your people. Treat us fairly. Enough with the busy work already!

167 Other Employee Reviews for Auto Club of Southern California (View Most Recent)

Beware of dog

Current Employee - Specialist II in Temecula, CA
    Current Employee - Specialist II in Temecula, CA

I have been working at Auto Club of Southern California full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

They have lots of $$$$$ so job security if they don't fire you first which they have a penshant for

Cons

Sweat shop mentality. You are forced to cross sell products to their members and are harassed on a daily basis to meet your goals. If the members only knew what goes on behind closed doors!

You hide your greedy corporate ways from your members but the employees know the truth.

It gets old and boring after a while.

Current Employee - Accounting in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Accounting in Costa Mesa, CA

Pros

The company is very stable. You won't get fired unless you really mess up. The company is big and there are a lot of young, good looking women. Some of them dress inappropriately to work which doesn't bother me, but it doesn't look very professional.

Cons

There is very little opportunity for growth and the pay is low. Their technology systems are very old and archaic. They can also monitor you when you exit and reenter the building. A lot of employees do very little because there is not a lot of work to do.

Sponsor some activities like co-ed softball, basketball or bowling after work hours to boost employee morale. The company doesn't want to do anything because it doesn't want to be sued. My suggestion is to have each participant sign a waiver of liability form.

There are newer employer reviews for Auto Club of Southern California