There are newer employer reviews for Auto Club of Southern California

If you have a choice, don't make it this place.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Costa Mesa, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Auto Club of Southern California full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The best part of my day is getting to go home when I've put in my 8 hours. Most people leave me alone.

There's usually an annual bonus, but there are limitations on who's eligible. It's nice to have that little something though, but 80 is the new 100.

Cons

That 8 hours? They'll hold you to it. Don't try to take a break unless you plan to make it up on the back end.

The whole place is powered by a massive cult of personality. The executives have a sycophantic reverence to the former CEO, who still resides as the Board Chairman.

On any given day, you more or less have the autonomy to do as you're told.

There is a massive vacuum of leadership because most of the managers have been beaten into submission or were hired because they would tow the line. Don't expect much support.

Do your job and you'll likely get 80% of your bonus for doing 100% of your work.

Grow a spine. Stand up for your people. Treat us fairly. Enough with the busy work already!

155 Other Employee Reviews for Auto Club of Southern California (View Most Recent)

Beware of dog

Current Employee - Specialist II  in  Temecula, CA
    Current Employee - Specialist II in Temecula, CA

I have been working at Auto Club of Southern California full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

They have lots of $$$$$ so job security if they don't fire you first which they have a penshant for

Cons

Sweat shop mentality. You are forced to cross sell products to their members and are harassed on a daily basis to meet your goals. If the members only knew what goes on behind closed doors!

You hide your greedy corporate ways from your members but the employees know the truth.

Would not recommend

Former Employee - Policy Service Specialist  in  Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Policy Service Specialist in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Auto Club of Southern California full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not many to be honest. Only pros were meeting a few people I can now call friends

Cons

Everything... It's like working in the stone ages with the software systems. Computers are extremely old and tend to break down regularly. When brought up the the call center floor most new hires where not given a permanent desk for months which meant you had to lug your books from desk to desk daily.
    Criticized by supervisors daily on not meeting referral goals. (Not even mentioned in training or in hiring job description that you were required to do so). Not as a Policy Service Specialist. We were told this was the sales department that handles that.
    When asking supervisors questions or guidance you were treated like you were stupid and would brush you off to call the help desk. "So what is your supervisor there for if they don't want to help you).
    Unless you are kissing up to management your job is always on the line. They fire people left and right and instead of getting rid of the people that really aren't performing to the expectations they fire the employes that work their butts off.
    I can't speak for upper management or management in other departments but I will tell you that the supervisors and management in PMG/ISS and membership are horrible.

Clean up your act and get rid of the supervisors you have and start fresh.

There are newer employer reviews for Auto Club of Southern California

Worked for Auto Club of Southern California? Contribute to the Community!