Terrible

Current Employee - Lot Porter in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Lot Porter in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at AutoNation

Pros

Working at AutoNation allows you to interact with customers and coworkers of various backgrounds. You also get to wash and clean your own cars for free.

Cons

Everyone is constantly mistreated. Management tends to be very greedy, especially with the people who are out to earn a commission. You can be rest assured that if you work in an hourly position, the people who are earning commission will make you work very hard so that they can earn a bigger paycheck, at your expense. Also, although sales guys may get mistreated once in a while, they are treated like Gods. Management will walk stomp all over you in order to make them happy. They earn the company a lot of first time buyers, and A LOT of money.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. We voice our concerns for a reason. Do not try to overwork us for low pay and put us all under very stressful conditions, just so you can look good to the higher-ups in corporate. Also, don't leave us understaffed for several months and complain about why performance level has dropped from previously. We get tired! We are not machines! We are human!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. lots of fun.

Current Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL

I have been working at AutoNation

Pros

Compensated fairly. The more you work the more you get paid. Great people to work with.

Cons

Customers aren't always the best. Company is great

Advice to Management

Keep up the good worok

2. Autonation SSC. Stable Job. Not a Resume builder.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at AutoNation

Pros

- Plenty of hours if you need them - Friendly employees for the most part - Generally understanding management (though not all, as with many places)

Cons

- Tedious work. Lots of doing the same thing every month. - Poor training, many people don't know how to do their jobs correctly. Most of those who do things correctly still have no understanding of their job, they've just memorized the procedure (so they respond poorly to new situations). - Poor department interaction. You have to know who to go to (may be leads in one department, a supervisor in another, or a grunt in yet another), or you get silence in return. - Technology from the stone age (this could be seen as a positive if you're just looking to get a job, low tech keeps way more on staff than needed) - Auto Industry, a super-heavy dinosaur waiting to collapse from its weight and old age

Advice to Management

- Get more qualified personnel. You'd be surprised how few people you need to replace your seemingly overburdened large staff. (Or maybe you wouldn't) - Improve your tech. So much of what is done at the SSC could be done quicker and more effectively with cheap and readily available software.