AutoNation

www.autonation.com
  www.autonation.com
There are newer employer reviews for AutoNation

It's exciting to be part of AutoNation "Coast to Coast!"

Current Employee - Manager
Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Truly the leader in automotive retail. Mike Jackson and Mike Maroone are inspirational leaders who clearly have a vision for the company based on creating an exceptional customer experience. I am very exciting about the national launch of the AutoNation brand - it is our chance to really show customers the value of doing business with us.

Cons

I would like to see innovative technology faster...tablets....

Keep focused on creating an exceptional customer experience... our customers don't expect it, so it's a big win!

233 Other Employee Reviews for AutoNation (View Most Recent)

Horrible Company... been with the company for several year's, every year it gets worse.

Current Employee - Sales in Pembroke Pines, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Pembroke Pines, FL

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

You meet great people, that are just as underpaid and over worked .

Cons

You are not treated like a person, more like a machine due to extreame work load. No Raises..... Given a lame excuse when you ask for one. No recognition for anything. Management & Corporate dont care about you. Benefits suck for such a large Fortune 500 company. Contsant turnover. Now open on Easter and extended hour's. Uniforms are not flattering and make some look sloppy. Its all about "who you know " not how hard you work, or dedication. Tons of responsibility with no compensation. Departments dont communicate. Frowned on when you ask for hard earned time off. Management shows favoritism. Upper management only sees dollar signs, and bottom lines. High-End should be treated differently, the customers demand more. Only the Best should be at the best ! Very little room for growth.

Screen employees better. Its ok to be picky. Especially in High-End.
    Give reviews and at the very least a cost of living raise.
    Help with benefits, you know you can.
    Train your employees, we cant be productive without it.
    Keep HR issues truly private.
    High-End should be kept that way. Uniforms are sloppy.
    Care. We have families too.
    Be more realistic with demands and deadlines.
    Show appreciation, especially around holidays. Bonus and a party.
    Wake Up. You have tons of unhappy, underpaid, & underappreciated employees.

A cynical culture driven by greed and stock price

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Florida, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Florida, FL

I worked at AutoNation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My coworkers were good people, and we all shared the same feelings of hopelessness, which, strangely enough, made us feel better knowing we were not alone. The hours can be long but the schedules are somewhat flexible.Once you have experience, other dealer groups, most of which consider autonation a joke, will gladly hire you and generally pay more with better hours.

Cons

Yearly pay cuts, although management will smile at you when they call it a "new pay plan." 5+ years without a pay raise, but the executives got theirs last year, of course. Penny smart and dollar stupid, they watch every penny for expenses while hundreds of dollars a day are given away to unhappy customers. There seems to be a concerted effort to get rid of the old-timers and replace all of us with kids who are desperate to work for $12/hr. See note about unhappy customers-directly related to the new, inexperienced, and of course cheap new hires. Constant turnover in staffing, nobody cares, even the store management have given up chasing the corporate carrot. Total lack of follow up with HR when issues are brought to their attention. Low morale, few chances to advance unless you know someone up top.

Come down to reality. Reality isn't the $50,000 per person republican fundraiser dinner at our COO's house, well, at least not for most of your employees. You'd see a better return on your money if you invested more in your income producing employees, not middle management bean counters. Embrace the concept of a pay raise. Happy employees make happy customers, such a basic concept totally ignored by the corporate hatchet men who work there. Your company is not growing. If the employees are not growing, then your company never will.

There are newer employer reviews for AutoNation